Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 PM

571 posts, read 714,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
To brichard,

THANKS for showing some "common sense" in your fair minded statement concerning Columbus.
If you're ever in town again, msg me on here ... I'd be happy to show you around Columbus ... The Discovery City
Hey, thanks John. I have no immediate plans to go back, but it's possible my job might send me again one day (we do work with the Defense Supply Center). Time permitting, I'd love to be shown around town by someone who knows the area. Thanks again.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 PM

97 posts, read 238,503 times
They are both excellent cities. You hear a lack of crime in these cities. My advice is that you look not at this as a battle, but that these cities should be brotherly loved cities (PHILADELPHIA)

Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
I have lived in Charlotte and Columbus. Both are up and coming great cities. There are lots of similarities. The Columbus Zoo is top notch. Charlotte has the Rafting Center. Charlotte should put a zoo there? Culturally, Charlotte and Columbus are very similar.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:10 PM

34 posts, read 67,763 times
Dear all,

For what it is worth here are the differences that I see. I have lived in Detroit mostly, Winston-Salem for 2 years, Columbus for 6 months in Victorian Village, and I am headed back to Charlotte area. Keep in mind I am extremely biased towards NC as the best place you could ever live!

Columbus & Ohio: Gray and cold, Higher taxes, much less recreation, flat, OSU crazy(bad), good stable economy(OSU, multi-nationals, state capital), less friendly people, no Nascar, no BBQ, pretty good downtown, good walkability if you live downtown, a fairly large number of bicycle commuters(good!), Bodega's(good), northstar(good), and gofitness(best gym I've every been!)

NC & Charlotte: WNC is a mountain biking/recreation mecca, Sunny & Hot & Humid = more summer(awesome!), weekend trips to the ocean and OBX, at least 4 awesome universities, No Buckeyes, No snow, Nascar, many lakes & rivers, mountains, lower taxes, friendly people, "slower" way of life, hot spot for venture/small businesses, future growth potential, much lower cost of living, and the spring time is absolutely beautiful.

Later,

-Chris-

Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Thread started over 1 yr ago, OP has likely made a decision and some info may be outdated. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte