Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 AM

348 posts, read 430,344 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm eager to move outta Mecklenberg and get into Union County. I have specific needs in that I'd like a horse friendly neighborhood or property, which I realize cuts down my searching possibilities drastically. But there seems to be virtually nothing on the market at this point to fit my needs.

I'm assuming that it's just a bit too early to search yet. Is that the case? Or is my criteria just so impossible?!

Are any of you familiar with any horse friendly neighborhoods I should consider? I'm open to most anywhere in Union (except for those in Forest Hills or Monroe High School zones).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
What exactly are you looking for in terms of acreage and/or house? Would something like Bonterra work, though there has been some talk on this forum about the situation there...

Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM

No. Bonterra is no longer a real horse neighborhood, and there are huge probs with that development. Aside from the fact that only 8 horses can be housed there. Plus, those houses are inches away from eachother. Ick!

I'm looking for 2-4 acres, in a neighborhood where the HOA has no rules about animals or there is no HOA.

:-)

Old 03-06-2007, 02:28 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
I have posted something for you on the SC side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
Hi y'all!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm eager to move outta Mecklenberg and get into Union County. I have specific needs in that I'd like a horse friendly neighborhood or property, which I realize cuts down my searching possibilities drastically. But there seems to be virtually nothing on the market at this point to fit my needs.

I'm assuming that it's just a bit too early to search yet. Is that the case? Or is my criteria just so impossible?!

Are any of you familiar with any horse friendly neighborhoods I should consider? I'm open to most anywhere in Union (except for those in Forest Hills or Monroe High School zones).

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I have posted something for you on the SC side.
I KNEW you would have info to add There used to be places right on the edge of Fort Mill near Carowinds Blvd. Do you know if that stable is still there?

Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,491,452 times
My guess is that you will want to look for older homes in Waxhaw or Marvin. Marvin folks are very protective of their horse properties~!

We have a house on almost 3 acres and are allowed to have horses. There are no HOA or dues or restrictions of that kind.

Currently our neighborhood has no homes available, but I think a little south of here there are several on about 4-5 acres. Do an MLS search for Waxhaw with 2 acres or more and see what comes up.

Dawn

Old 03-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
My guess is that you will want to look for older homes in Waxhaw or Marvin. Marvin folks are very protective of their horse properties~!

We have a house on almost 3 acres and are allowed to have horses. There are no HOA or dues or restrictions of that kind.

Currently our neighborhood has no homes available, but I think a little south of here there are several on about 4-5 acres. Do an MLS search for Waxhaw with 2 acres or more and see what comes up.

Dawn
Hi Dawn, thanks for your response. I've PM'ed you for more info on your neighborhood. Thanks for your reply.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 PM

58 posts, read 307,218 times
Quote:
No. Bonterra is no longer a real horse neighborhood, and there are huge probs with that development.

Other than the issues with the stables, what "huge probs" are there with Bonterra?

Old 03-06-2007, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 33,398 times
When we were looking a few years ago, there was a neighborhood called Black Horse Run on Hwy 521 going out towards Ft. Mill. Not sure about HOA, but I do know they had individual properties with horse facilities, as well as a community barn. The houses were a little older, but you might find something there. It wasn't too far away from Ballantyne.

Hope that helps.

itg

Old 03-06-2007, 07:18 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
Quote:
No. Bonterra is no longer a real horse neighborhood, and there are huge probs with that development. Aside from the fact that only 8 horses can be housed there. Plus, those houses are inches away from eachother. Ick!

I'm looking for 2-4 acres, in a neighborhood where the HOA has no rules about animals or there is no HOA.

:-)
LOL yes the houses are close together...

There seem to be a decent number of listings out there -- I can set up a search for you that will send you listings and update them daily. Just need to nail down search criteria. Feel free to PM me if you would like, and best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte