U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 AM
 
5,860 posts, read 6,169,630 times
Reputation: 2089

Advertisements

Before all the real estate agents get excited let me be clear on one thing: I am NOT interested with any property listed on MLS. I have already committed to a business associate of mine that she will continue to have the exclusive with MLS listings.

I would like to buy a Quad (4 units) in the Fourth Ward or Dilworth. They are hard to come by as I only have found one in 7 months of looking.

So, if you know someone that might be interested in selling to me directly and not using the services of MLS I will pay you an agreed upon finder's fee if I should buy the property.

Time is of the essence as I need to close on this property by April 2009.


TIA
je
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM
 
4,227 posts, read 4,744,201 times
Reputation: 1545
Pretty sure you will not find a quad in 4th Ward. Most units there are either houses, apartments, single condos, or townhouses.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 03:58 PM
 
5,860 posts, read 6,169,630 times
Reputation: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Pretty sure you will not find a quad in 4th Ward. Most units there are either houses, apartments, single condos, or townhouses.

They exist. Was hours away from a contract 5 weeks ago on a quad on e/w(?) 7th street . Seller thought she was dealing with a novice. I called her bluff and had to walk away from it.
After seeing this house I fell in love with the 4th ward.

Listen to what this bimbo wanted me to do. She wanted me to put up $5000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to go into "offer to purchase". Cost of inspection was $550. So IF I found a glaring defect I'm out the $5000! For ANY reason what-so-ever. And the $550.

Win win for her and not quite sure how I can change my method after so many years of doing this biz.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,042 posts, read 9,921,858 times
Reputation: 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Before all the real estate agents get excited let me be clear on one thing: I am NOT interested with any property listed on MLS. I have already committed to a business associate of mine that she will continue to have the exclusive with MLS listings.

I would like to buy a Quad (4 units) in the Fourth Ward or Dilworth. They are hard to come by as I only have found one in 7 months of looking.

So, if you know someone that might be interested in selling to me directly and not using the services of MLS I will pay you an agreed upon finder's fee if I should buy the property.

Time is of the essence as I need to close on this property by April 2009.


TIA
je
Pssst....John....you cannot pay someone a "finders fee" in NC unless you are a mortgage broker.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 3,851,875 times
Reputation: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Before all the real estate agents get excited let me be clear on one thing: I am NOT interested with any property listed on MLS. I have already committed to a business associate of mine that she will continue to have the exclusive with MLS listings.

I would like to buy a Quad (4 units) in the Fourth Ward or Dilworth. They are hard to come by as I only have found one in 7 months of looking.

So, if you know someone that might be interested in selling to me directly and not using the services of MLS I will pay you an agreed upon finder's fee if I should buy the property.

Time is of the essence as I need to close on this property by April 2009.


TIA
je
Remember it's illegal to pay a fee to an unlicensed real estate agent .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,267 posts, read 64,300,437 times
Reputation: 38935
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
Remember it's illegal to pay a fee to an unlicensed real estate agent .
Only if John's a realtor - which I do not believe he is

(long time no see around here!)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 3,851,875 times
Reputation: 708
I'm sorry; let me rephrase that...it's illegal to pay a finder's fee or referral fee to anyone in a real estate transaction that is not a licensed real estate agent.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,403 posts, read 4,205,102 times
Reputation: 1388
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
I'm sorry; let me rephrase that...it's illegal to pay a finder's fee or referral fee to anyone in a real estate transaction that is not a licensed real estate agent.
And you probably also believe that you can't J walk either because it's illegal! But how many people do you see doing it ? !!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,267 posts, read 64,300,437 times
Reputation: 38935
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Pssst....John....you cannot pay someone a "finders fee" in NC unless you are a mortgage broker.....
How John Q. Citizen chooses to spend his money is nobody's business - he could give someone like me money all day long if he wants to (and gee John, here's hoping you're feeling generous!!)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,042 posts, read 9,921,858 times
Reputation: 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
How John Q. Citizen chooses to spend his money is nobody's business - he could give someone like me money all day long if he wants to (and gee John, here's hoping you're feeling generous!!)
True. But, he just cannot call it a "finders fee" and just cannot "advertise" it...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 - Top