U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 AM

5,137 posts, read 4,562,635 times
Default Find me a House and I will pay you a finder's fee.

Before all the real estate agents get excited let me be clear on one thing: I am NOT interested with any property listed on MLS. I have already committed to a business associate of mine that she will continue to have the exclusive with MLS listings.

I would like to buy a Quad (4 units) in the Fourth Ward or Dilworth. They are hard to come by as I only have found one in 7 months of looking.

So, if you know someone that might be interested in selling to me directly and not using the services of MLS I will pay you an agreed upon finder's fee if I should buy the property.

Time is of the essence as I need to close on this property by April 2009.

TIA
je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM

4,227 posts, read 3,744,552 times
Pretty sure you will not find a quad in 4th Ward. Most units there are either houses, apartments, single condos, or townhouses.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:58 PM

5,137 posts, read 4,562,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Pretty sure you will not find a quad in 4th Ward. Most units there are either houses, apartments, single condos, or townhouses.

They exist. Was hours away from a contract 5 weeks ago on a quad on e/w(?) 7th street . Seller thought she was dealing with a novice. I called her bluff and had to walk away from it.
After seeing this house I fell in love with the 4th ward.

Listen to what this bimbo wanted me to do. She wanted me to put up $5000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to go into "offer to purchase". Cost of inspection was $550. So IF I found a glaring defect I'm out the $5000! For ANY reason what-so-ever. And the $550.

Win win for her and not quite sure how I can change my method after so many years of doing this biz.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:13 PM

7,042 posts, read 8,277,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Before all the real estate agents get excited let me be clear on one thing: I am NOT interested with any property listed on MLS. I have already committed to a business associate of mine that she will continue to have the exclusive with MLS listings.

I would like to buy a Quad (4 units) in the Fourth Ward or Dilworth. They are hard to come by as I only have found one in 7 months of looking.

So, if you know someone that might be interested in selling to me directly and not using the services of MLS I will pay you an agreed upon finder's fee if I should buy the property.

TIA
je
Pssst....John....you cannot pay someone a "finders fee" in NC unless you are a mortgage broker.....

Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM

1,440 posts, read 3,391,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post

TIA
je
Remember it's illegal to pay a fee to an unlicensed real estate agent .

Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM

43,271 posts, read 51,756,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
Remember it's illegal to pay a fee to an unlicensed real estate agent .
Only if John's a realtor - which I do not believe he is

(long time no see around here!)

Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM

1,440 posts, read 3,391,405 times
I'm sorry; let me rephrase that...it's illegal to pay a finder's fee or referral fee to anyone in a real estate transaction that is not a licensed real estate agent.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,352,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
I'm sorry; let me rephrase that...it's illegal to pay a finder's fee or referral fee to anyone in a real estate transaction that is not a licensed real estate agent.
And you probably also believe that you can't J walk either because it's illegal! But how many people do you see doing it ? !!!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:45 PM

43,271 posts, read 51,756,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Pssst....John....you cannot pay someone a "finders fee" in NC unless you are a mortgage broker.....
How John Q. Citizen chooses to spend his money is nobody's business - he could give someone like me money all day long if he wants to (and gee John, here's hoping you're feeling generous!!)

Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM

7,042 posts, read 8,277,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
How John Q. Citizen chooses to spend his money is nobody's business - he could give someone like me money all day long if he wants to (and gee John, here's hoping you're feeling generous!!)
True. But, he just cannot call it a "finders fee" and just cannot "advertise" it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte