U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
 
4,711 posts, read 4,884,135 times
Reputation: 2962
^^^^^^^ROTFLMAO!!!!! You just don't get it do you? Atlanta is a retail hub. Guess what, Charlotte is a banking and Nascar hub. You are still stuck on the retail side of things my friend. I am sorry, but few people actually spend their lives shopping. Especially at the stores you have just named. That is kinda why Wal Mart is the number one retailer in the World LOL!!! The fact still remains that Charlotte and Atlanta are two cities of similar density and climates. The fact that Atlanta lost its Nascar Hall idea to Charlotte is proof that Atlanta is not everyones hands down choice over Charlotte. The two will always be compared by some folks. Sorry about your luck. If I can deal with the silly Charlotte/Raleigh comparisons, then you can deal with the silly Charlotte/Atlanta comparisons. It is not Charlotte's fault the two are sometimes compared. It is Atlanta's urban short comings that cause the comparisons. In other words, your city ain't "urban" enough to be considered light years ahead of Charlotte LOL. Blame Atlanta's city council for that, not Charlotte LOL!!!

One more thing, read these articles from YOUR LOCAL PAPER and you will see why Atlanta and Charlotte are not light years apart.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/03/31/saporta0331.html (broken link)
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/04/07/saporta0407.html (broken link)

That's right!!! Your city leaders recently came to Charlotte (after losing the Nacar Hall to Charlotte) to take notes on how to expand urban mass transit!!!

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 01-13-2009 at 01:30 PM..

 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
34,519 posts, read 40,076,180 times
Reputation: 17991
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^^^^^ROTFLMAO!!!!! You just don't get it do you? Atlanta is a retail hub. Guess what, Charlotte is a banking and Nascar hub. You are still stuck on the retail side of things my friend. I am sorry, but few people actually spend their lives shopping. Especially at the stores you have just named. That is kinda why Wal Mart is the number one retailer in the World LOL!!! The fact still remains that Charlotte and Atlanta are two cities of similar density and climates. The fact that Atlanta lost its Nascar Hall idea to Charlotte is proof that Atlanta is not everyones hands down choice over Charlotte. The two will always be compared by some folks. Sorry about your luck. If I can deal with the silly Charlotte/Raleigh comparisons, then you can deal with the silly Charlotte/Atlanta comparisons. It is not Charlotte's fault the two are sometimes compared. It is Atlanta's urban short comings that cause the comparisons. In other words, your city ain't "urban" enough to be considered light years ahead of Charlotte LOL. Blame Atlanta city council for that, not Charlotte LOL!!!
Thanks for saying it, URBAN. I am tired of trying.
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 909,966 times
Reputation: 465
And the debate continues. Can't we all just get along!! HAHA
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:35 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
34,519 posts, read 40,076,180 times
Reputation: 17991
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
And the debate continues. Can't we all just get along!! HAHA
LOL - evidently some of our posters here can't understand the finer points of what has been posted! So I think you are right, QC . . . people who are missing the points are going to keep rambling on when their justifications are not even pertinent to the discussion. SIGH.

But - I do think there is one thing we can all agree on - if you live in Charlotte, you probably enjoy visiting Atlanta. Now whether anyone from ATL wants to come here - that is a different matter. Since I was in college, one of the most enjoyable trips we all made was to head to ALT to shop and dine and dance, LOL. So I would hate for anyone to think Charlotteans have a beef w/ Atlanta - we don't. Great city and a terrific destination from Charlotte.
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Charlotte again!!
1,037 posts, read 909,966 times
Reputation: 465
And that is so true. Here is an interesting statistic that everybody can look up:

#1 relocation city for Atlanta residents is Charlotte!!

#1 relocation city for Charlotte residents is Atlanta!!

Anbody gonna look this up before they talk junk about the other city??
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 773,789 times
Reputation: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^^^^^ROTFLMAO!!!!! You just don't get it do you? Atlanta is a retail hub. Guess what, Charlotte is a banking and Nascar hub. You are still stuck on the retail side of things my friend. I am sorry, but few people actually spend their lives shopping. Especially at the stores you have just named. That is kinda why Wal Mart is the number one retailer in the World LOL!!! The fact still remains that Charlotte and Atlanta are two cities of similar density and climates. The fact that Atlanta lost its Nascar Hall idea to Charlotte is proof that Atlanta is not everyones hands down choice over Charlotte. The two will always be compared by some folks. Sorry about your luck. If I can deal with the silly Charlotte/Raleigh comparisons, then you can deal with the silly Charlotte/Atlanta comparisons. It is not Charlotte's fault the two are sometimes compared. It is Atlanta's urban short comings that cause the comparisons. In other words, your city ain't "urban" enough to be considered light years ahead of Charlotte LOL. Blame Atlanta city council for that, not Charlotte LOL!!!


We were talking about South Park and Buckhead. Buckhead which is way more urban than southpark thats what we were talking about. The Direction that Atlanta is Moving in Midtown( because thats where they want there urban district to be. Midtown Mile is going to be more urban more walkable more shopping Dining more party bars etc This year there are going to announce Retail tenants for 1010 and Loews hotel project ( which Apple and Saks are rumoured) they have 4 restaurants already under construction at 1010 and afterthat is complete you will see heavy foot traffic in the day and night. .Atlanta may not be that far ahead in urbanninty But it is Far ahead in growth and development. The whole midtown area is very walkable and urban, downtown atlanta is going to see the same changes with the New development at the Old macys building and all the new restaurants and bars that are opening and coming around cenntineal park area trust by 2010 and or 11 you will see Oh yeah i was waiting for you to put up your urban videos. Ok and we lost Nascar we didnt loose sleep we have tons More attractions. Epescially the Aquarium which is under expansion now it has brought Millions of people from all over the Country and By Atlanta Hosting the Olympics proves alot that Atlanta is very much on top in the Southeast
Oh here is the recent article on the Midtown Mile

‚€˜Midtown Mile‚€™ anchor pushing forward - Atlanta Business Chronicle: (http://pittsburgh.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2008/12/01/focus14.html - broken link)
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 773,789 times
Reputation: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
And that is so true. Here is an interesting statistic that everybody can look up:

#1 relocation city for Atlanta residents is Charlotte!!

#1 relocation city for Charlotte residents is Atlanta!!

Anbody gonna look this up before they talk junk about the other city??
This is the truth I do have to agree with you. I dont dislike Charlotte at all been there like 4 times plus stayed there for 6 months I just dont see the Comaparisions. When a city is on the same level then you can make comparisions But when one dominates one in just about every area there is no comparision thats why places like dallas and atlanta being compared i can agree with the comparision because there some what in the same league
 
Old 01-13-2009, 02:25 PM
 
4,711 posts, read 4,884,135 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
This is the truth I do have to agree with you. I dont dislike Charlotte at all been there like 4 times plus stayed there for 6 months I just dont see the Comaparisions. When a city is on the same level then you can make comparisions But when one dominates one in just about every area there is no comparision thats why places like dallas and atlanta being compared i can agree with the comparision because there some what in the same league
And remember folks, this is the logic of a poster with nearly 400 posts and only 32 rep points LOL!!!
 
Old 01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
34,519 posts, read 40,076,180 times
Reputation: 17991
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
And that is so true. Here is an interesting statistic that everybody can look up:

#1 relocation city for Atlanta residents is Charlotte!!

#1 relocation city for Charlotte residents is Atlanta!!

Anbody gonna look this up before they talk junk about the other city??
Not gonna waste my time looking it up . . . cause it sounds good to me! LOL!!!
 
Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 PM
 
14,756 posts, read 13,379,634 times
Reputation: 8073
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think a lot of what you are seeing may actually be outside Charlotte's city limits . . .
Correct...names like Mint Hill, Matthews, Indian Trail, Monroe, etc...from the front, they look great....and THEN, you look at the sides and the rear...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top