Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times

Advertisements

atlantaATL - THE PICTURES SAY IT ALL. I NEARLY FELL OFF THE COUCH LAUGHING!!!

Charlotte is cool - just boring. Again I work here during the week and tonight I decided to venture out to the House of Blues in the University Area. I arrived at 10:20PM. The lights were off and parking lot empty. One recent night I went to Club Onyx (strip club). Arrived a 9pm. TOTALLY VACANT!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 PM

198 posts, read 261,683 times
Atlanta has more of everything than Charlotte both good and bad. It is amazing to me that Charlotte is now being compared to cities the likes of Atlanta and Dallas. Atlanta and Birmingham were the the two largest cities in the South for most of the last century while most outside of the Carolinas could not tell you what state Charlotte was in. But Charlotte and Atlanta, Greenville, Birmingham are very similiar in lifestyle options Ethnic make up, regional cusine they all just are different in size. Atlanta is more like Charlotte than Miami, Its more like Charlotte than DC, Its more like Charlotte than NYC, Its more like Charlotte than Seattle.............

Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
atlanta is the type of town you want to live when you turn 21 Charlotte is type of town you want to invest in when you turn 35

Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crider View Post
Atlanta has more of everything than Charlotte both good and bad. It is amazing to me that Charlotte is now being compared to cities the likes of Atlanta and Dallas. Atlanta and Birmingham were the the two largest cities in the South for most of the last century while most outside of the Carolinas could not tell you what state Charlotte was in. But Charlotte and Atlanta, Greenville, Birmingham are very similiar in lifestyle options Ethnic make up, regional cusine they all just are different in size. Atlanta is more like Charlotte than Miami, Its more like Charlotte than DC, Its more like Charlotte than NYC, Its more like Charlotte than Seattle.............
Charlotte is more like nashville cleveland columbus ohio not atlanta. These people want charlotte to be on atlanta level growth wise and its just not there baby its going to take years for you to catch the city and metro atlantas growth so can we please stop these charlotte vs atlanta threads because there is no comparision

Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 AM

198 posts, read 261,683 times
I agree that if you comparing cities by metros and thats your only criteria than Charlotte should be compared to cities of similiar size metros. All I am saying is that Once you Get 5 blocks of Peachtree in either direction and the sprawal begins there is not that much difference other than Atlanta has more of it. Look at the Aerial shots on this tread of both cities. Atlanta a line of high rises from Downtown to Buckhead following Peachtree then tree tops. Charlotte a cluster of highrises downtown then tree tops.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:20 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
atlantaATL - THE PICTURES SAY IT ALL. I NEARLY FELL OFF THE COUCH LAUGHING!!!

Charlotte is cool - just boring. Again I work here during the week and tonight I decided to venture out to the House of Blues in the University Area. I arrived at 10:20PM. The lights were off and parking lot empty. One recent night I went to Club Onyx (strip club). Arrived a 9pm. TOTALLY VACANT!!!!

If you didnt pick the worst places to try you would have fun. Go uptown. Onyx? Are you looking to get shot (I guess that would be like Atlanta). Or do you just like skanky women? Go to the Cabaret (or Men's Club). Stay around uptown area, elizabeth, ballantyne, dilworth, etc.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:31 AM

578 posts, read 2,598,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
atlanta is the type of town you want to live when you turn 21 Charlotte is type of town you want to invest in when you turn 35

I guess that explains why I prefer Charlotte to Atlanta!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
If you didnt pick the worst places to try you would have fun. Go uptown. Onyx? Are you looking to get shot (I guess that would be like Atlanta). Or do you just like skanky women? Go to the Cabaret (or Men's Club). Stay around uptown area, elizabeth, ballantyne, dilworth, etc.
Been to those places too. BORING!!!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 AM
QCP

185 posts, read 523,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post

lol. That's exactly what I was thinking. I guess some people are just determined to become a statistic.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:50 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
A picture does say it all!

Considering Georgia has a black population of 30%, versus North Carolina’s black population of only 20%, North Carolina is obviously the more progressive state. Somebody forgot to tell the black folks in Georgia that “We’z Free Nigh!”…

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte