U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,765,525 times
Reputation: 1272

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I've questioned yours because you keep asking the same things for which answers have already been provided. And I never said anything about population size (although that obviously plays a role).

Good day sir.
I thought so. No answers. LOL.

(when you can address CLT specifically, please return and let us know)

 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
 
27,708 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Reputation: 16445
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I thought so. No answers. LOL.

(when you can address CLT specifically, please return and let us know)
Have already done so several times. If you choose to ignore my answers or can't comprehend what was stated, then that's personal.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,355 posts, read 8,874,828 times
Reputation: 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I think you're muddying the waters a good bit by bringing NYC into the discussion and also by not clarifying what you mean by "influence" or "impact." I'd say that when it comes to finance, fashion, media, etc., NYC indeed has an impact and influence on Philly as well as the rest of the country. The city sets the trends in so many areas and the rest of the country follows. And on top of that, there are more than a few people who live in Philly and work in NYC, as well as visit regularly.

No one is saying that folks from Charlotte run to Atlanta every time they want something to do; that's not the case at all and if you limit "influence" and "impact" to only that, then of course there is none. However, in a broader sense, it does exist, particularly in terms of transportation and logistics networks (for which Atlanta is a hub for the Southeast), Black culture in general, gay culture, the regional headquarters of several federal agencies, etc. It's very similar to the way in which Charlotte has influence on a broad swath of the Carolinas.
I think NYC has an influence on Philly... I lives in Philly for 5 years and just and just about every day someone made a dig at NYC or referenced in in some shape or form. I don't think it's the same because Philly is only 2 hours away but it's similar and you see it in this thread. There is a fear of being a copy cat or less than a larger metro which leads to insane reaches and references to white supremacist.. Which is weird because it's the South and every state in the south has a history of racism and slavery.

I lived in Atlanta for a few months and used to visit when I went to school in Knoxville. I lived that place and enjoy visiting but I wouldn't want to live there. Charlotte and NC in general is better IMO.

I'm pretty sure Charlotte looked at ATL and mimicked some of there moves and when people talk about Charlotte and growth they don't reference Raleigh or Columbia... They look to ATL and they are wise to do so given the growth patterns, new energy and airport hub.

In my opinion of course
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:37 PM
 
27,708 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Reputation: 16445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I think NYC has an influence on Philly... I lives in Philly for 5 years and just and just about every day someone made a dig at NYC or referenced in in some shape or form. I don't think it's the same because Philly is only 2 hours away but it's similar and you see it in this thread. There is a fear of being a copy cat or less than a larger metro which leads to insane reaches and references to white supremacist.. Which is weird because it's the South and every state in the south has a history of racism and slavery.

I lived in Atlanta for a few months and used to visit when I went to school in Knoxville. I lived that place and enjoy visiting but I wouldn't want to live there. Charlotte and NC in general is better IMO.

I'm pretty sure Charlotte looked at ATL and mimicked some of there moves and when people talk about Charlotte and growth they don't reference Raleigh or Columbia... They look to ATL and they are wise to do so given the growth patterns, new energy and airport hub.

In my opinion of course
Agreed on practically every point.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,765,525 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Have already done so several times. If you choose to ignore my answers or can't comprehend what was stated, then that's personal.
Please provide the link where you have answered the 4 questions that I asked above. Otherwise, as I said before, Atlanta has no influence on CLT or NC. You claim it does but you can't say specifically why. What happens elsewhere in this country is irrelevant.
 
Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM
 
27,708 posts, read 24,737,149 times
Reputation: 16445
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Please provide the link where you have answered the 4 questions that I asked above. Otherwise, as I said before, Atlanta has no influence on CLT or NC. You claim it does but you can't say specifically why. What happens elsewhere in this country is irrelevant.
You can easily go back through the past two or three pages and see where I gave the same couple of examples more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top