Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times

Advertisements

Okay - I am NOT a recruiter and this is not for a client. By word of mouth, I have come across someone who needs a part time bookkeeper or data entry clerk who is Quickbooks proficient. The work is not necessarily consistent - some days more than others as far as workload.

Any bookkeepers or data entry clerks out there who would like some work on the side - or some part time work through tax season? And there may be work after tax season . . . but again, not consistent on a daily per hour basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay - I am NOT a recruiter and this is not for a client. By word of mouth, I have come across someone who needs a part time bookkeeper or data entry clerk who is Quickbooks proficient. The work is not necessarily consistent - some days more than others as far as workload.

Any bookkeepers or data entry clerks out there who would like some work on the side - or some part time work through tax season? And there may be work after tax season . . . but again, not consistent on a daily per hour basis.
I cannot believe this thread got no hits all day!! Surely SOMEONE needs this kind of work on the side???

Old 01-23-2009, 03:58 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,703,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I cannot believe this thread got no hits all day!! Surely SOMEONE needs this kind of work on the side???
Maybe too many "lookers" and not enuf "doers". Must admit Ani is doing her part for the economy but others are slacking off.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

I am actually interested, but, could the work be done on Wednesdays and the weekends or does it have to be done daily?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:36 AM

Hey, CHI! Since it involves data that has to be turned over to a CPA and involves tax returns, I would think they need it daily (to get it input on IRS docs). I know how diligent you are so you would be exactly the right type of candidate, tho. If I find out that weekends and Weds are alright, I will let you know.

LOVES and JOHN: I have gotten one private response asking questions, but I, too, am surprised at there being no interest. I would have thought a lot of our forum members would have a background that would make it possible to do this type of work. I would think that during tax season, a person could pick up $400 or so a week. Depends on how much it pays. I would think maybe $13 an hour??? That would pay the mortgage til April 15th, LOL!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:44 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
Heck, if I can work from home and after 6PM during the week for a few hours I could do it.

I've used quick books but no proficient, but I could become proficient within a couple days.

Otherwise my normal 8-6 Job pays more and would take precedent. But an extra $400 a week for a couple months would help out.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:56 AM

I am thinking it is going to be a lot of work from now to April 15th, so don't know that after 6 pm will work, especially if CPA needs to discuss anything about the spreadsheets. But I sure will pass this on!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,191 times
If it could be done from home on a daily basis that would be great but it sounds like they want someone in the office.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:18 AM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
If it's just data entry, that is usually done after the clients are gone for the day. But then again, not sure if I understand the position.

If after 6 works and the office isn't too far from uptown I could make it to the office too. My dog might be upset for a while but I think he'd get over when he starts getting Milkbones again.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:55 AM

Okay - I have a message in to my friend to see how far along he is with this. I will have more info later on. I think he is waiting to see the level of work he is getting in for Tax Season.

But you know - there are bound to be other people out there needing this type of help! Wish I knew how to put everyone together, LOL!!!

There are jobs out there . . . we all have to find them and pass the word on . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: