Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 05:30 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native
I understand California has a much higher population. But its built to handle it. I guarantee you the population from 2000 in Union county NC has well passed that point. Who wants to live in such a crowded place like OC? Unless you are a millionare Im guessing you want to leave. But the problem is everyone is moving to a particular area in a particualr state, that being NC. I cannot tell you how much it seems this area is built on every month. The roads are not being added at all!! The only thing builders will do is build a turn lane after they costruct a new strip mall or neighborhood, thats it. I dont want to see NC become another California, but its headed that way.
How do you think I feel in Arizona? It's like LA. Where am I suppose to live? We are all going to get crowded eventually. Arizona could not control the growth or keep up with it, it's pathetic. I've been up and down this I77 today and it's nothing compared to the US60 in AZ. I didn't even notice traffic actually. Yes NC will probably be the next Phoenix or Fla or LA but how can you stop this from happening? It's a fact of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM

67 posts, read 73,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
How do you think I feel in Arizona? It's like LA. Where am I suppose to live? We are all going to get crowded eventually. Arizona could not control the growth or keep up with it, it's pathetic. I've been up and down this I77 today and it's nothing compared to the US60 in AZ. I didn't even notice traffic actually. Yes NC will probably be the next Phoenix or Fla or LA but how can you stop this from happening? It's a fact of life.
Well said! Their are zoning laws that can be put into place. IE; 1/2 acre lots (like we have) things like that. Don't complain on the internet, write someone who can make the change. Green dot left you you

Old 06-17-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9LVR
Our house is 1700sq ft. That's is like putting another house on top of ours
Yes Sir, the one I'm selling now is 1892 sqft and I'm going to try to get 290,000 to 300,000. The way the market is going though we'll have to see what happens.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Yes Sir, the one I'm selling now is 1892 sqft and I'm going to try to get 290,000 to 300,000. The way the market is going though we'll have to see what happens.
We should get $369k for ours.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9LVR
We should get $369k for ours.
Nice...........I think you may like it here. Trust me I'm picky and so is my husband. He congratulated me on a good pick. House and area.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:45 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,627 times
Quote:

You will be asking yourself the same question here in a few years. Its just a vicious cycle I guess. Overcrowd and over tax one area then its off to the next one. Its the same logic on illegal aliens. Fix your own problems where youre at, dont bring them here with you.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Nice...........I think you may like it here. Trust me I'm picky and so is my husband. He congratulated me on a good pick. House and area.
Cool! I am picky too. Wife isn't really. I just know we are "good" people. Don't drink, smoke, nothing and would like a neighborhood where we could move and not live in that type of lifestyle.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You will be asking yourself the same question here in a few years. Its just a vicious cycle I guess. Overcrowd and over tax one area then its off to the next one. Its the same logic on illegal aliens. Fix your own problems where youre at, dont bring them here with you.
I guess I can start by putting up a sign on the Phoenix California border and tell the Californians they can't come in anymore. I'll try that this Summer and if it doesn't work I'm gonna take my problems to NC.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Remember, we bring with us higher wages too. Thus, making your area nicer too. I looked up NC years ago, and the wages were poor at best. Now, I see they are up to par.

Remember, like someone said, you know were coming, put things into place to control things. IE; vote, write your councilman. Don't complain online, it doesn't nothing in a forum like this. Calling and writing to your town does.

We don't bring the illegals with us...lol We don't own them. I thought that was illegal to own someone? They come because to many of you have sat down in front of a TV and not voted and called your town and complained and they found it easy to get things there.

Last edited by K9LVR; 06-17-2006 at 06:04 PM..

Old 06-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,095 times
I'll say this, the NCians I've met were some of the nicest, kindest, sincere folks I've met in a long time. Many of them, after talking a bit said "come on down..." While I think the discussion on the pros and cons gets heated, and is IMHO healthy, please don't let it be your deciding factor. Buy a plane ticket, go down to a few of the areas, have breakfast at a Bob Evans, drive through south charlotte, walk in Uptown, see a movie in Ballenytine, etc. Visit a diner in West Charlotte (yes I said West Charlotte). You'll see more good folks than not good folks. Find the area that FEELS right to you, whether it's more developed, country, or something in between. Incidentally all the transplants I met were ultra cool, very laid back and seems to have assimilated into the NC life style well.

NC is such a beautiful place all around with great people, and as I've said before there are great people that simply want to move and become a part of it.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads!

Last edited by Miker2069; 06-17-2006 at 07:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte