U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM

422 posts, read 1,214,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
Oh and one more thing..... stop telling people on this forum that the builders will lie to you etc... as a New Home Sales Rep, I am very insulted. We do not lie. Most of us carry a NC Brokers license and take disclosure very serious!!!
I also want to say, I know most of reps at Millbridge and they are nothing but open and honest about the gun range over there. If folks ask them if its noisy the rep will tell them they should hang out for a while and listen.

EVERY community has its issues... whether it be a cell tower, a fire station, a sewage plant, a prison... whatever it may be. But people still buy homes in these places.

And in everyone of these places, I am sure the builders Rep did not lie and say it didnt exist.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:19 PM

7 posts, read 16,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbeginnings12 View Post
i also want to say, i know most of reps at millbridge and they are nothing but open and honest about the gun range over there. If folks ask them if its noisy the rep will tell them they should hang out for a while and listen.

Every community has its issues... Whether it be a cell tower, a fire station, a sewage plant, a prison... Whatever it may be. But people still buy homes in these places.

And in everyone of these places, i am sure the builders rep did not lie and say it didnt exist.
that is the truth

Old 01-22-2009, 03:22 PM

422 posts, read 1,214,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponmoving View Post
Its not negitivity its disclosure!!!!!!! that the builder wont tell you
Okay one more thing, and then Im going home, Ive ranted enough today ;-)

ITS NOT DISCLOSURE!!! Its whether you have ears and the sound bothers you or not!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:23 PM

16 posts, read 34,525 times
Quote:

ITS NOT DISCLOSURE!!! Its whether you have ears and the sound bothers you or not!!!

keep ranting....this Millbridge owner is with you!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM

14 posts, read 40,637 times
Great post
What you did is called homework!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89quattro View Post
Millbridge was on our short list of final candidates early last year, along with Massey, Briarcrest, and Rosemont. When it came down to making the final choice, we realized that the failing economy could negatively impact the future of those locations, so we redirected our search efforts to those subdivisions with more buildout.

Agree that based on the current plans and "artist interpretations" (aka marketing literature), Millbridge will be a wonderful place to live. Beautiful, no, not now, given the rolling acres of bare earth, and uncertainty of who and what will be built in the adjoining lots.

Subjective opinion - the gun range on spring/summer week ends can sound like a firefight.

On the other hand, it's a buyers market.......

Old 01-22-2009, 03:31 PM

read your own post
why should I have too ask ... So If I dont ask its not disclosed?

Quote:
I also want to say, I know most of reps at Millbridge and they are nothing but open and honest about the gun range over there. If folks ask them if its noisy the rep will tell them they should hang out for a while and listen.

EVERY community has its issues... whether it be a cell tower, a fire station, a sewage plant, a prison... whatever it may be. But people still buy homes in these places.

And in everyone of these places, I am sure the builders Rep did not lie and say it didnt exist.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 PM

as long as you like it I guess your right
Quote:

Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,758,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theduke2009 View Post
All we ask of you is to comment on your community. We as homeowners in Millbridge knew what we purchased. I dont know how keen your since of smell is but the foul odor that might permiate your neighborhood does not effect us in our community. If people want to know the pros and cons of this neighborhood they should come and talk with the homeowners here in the community, all of which would be happy to talk.
foul smell that is funny.and let me say "my comments have not been negative to your community they are the opinions of my dh and I "and since we were so far into the process from a buyers point of view yes I do think we an comment to the poster who asked about pros and cons..and no matter what is written you will only see that it is negative, so there really is no point..and again I hate to tell you but our smell comes from the sewer treatment plant even though I live 7 miles from it but again that has no relevancy on this topic, and I dont need to comment on my own community since I was in millbridge more than I was here but that is off topic, anyhow I am on the car rider line everyday and sorry but it does smell more times than none..but again this isnt the issue at hand..and I will say it again, if I wanted to bad mouth the community trust me I would have, but that fact that there are a few nice people that live there I wouldnt do that...and the fact that not everyone can just pop up in NC for a visit because everyone's moving situations are different which hence this is why this is a Relcoation Forum, so people can get insight to different areas and people who have been living down here......and yes everyone should not just take the word of these forums as the final word, however its a great source of info, although people dont like hearing the truth about Anywhere they live..(no this isnt specific to millbridge)

Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
and the fact that not everyone can just pop up in NC for a visit because everyone's moving situations are different which hence this is why this is a Relcoation Forum, so people can get insight to different areas and people who have been living down here......and yes everyone should not just take the word of these forums as the final word, however its a great source of info, although people dont like hearing the truth about Anywhere they live..(no this isnt specific to millbridge)
So true....

Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM

7 posts, read 16,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Fisher View Post
The HOA dues in Millbridge are doubling to $1,000 a year in 2009?
This is not a true statement at all. The homeowners have paid there HOA dues and they have not increased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte