Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,877 times

Advertisements

Renting in Ballatyne and for the rent here I can own a home. I came across a very nice subdivision off route 521 on one of my ventures and it's seems like a very family friendly neighborhood. Since I have 2 children I was interested if anyone has any information about this community. We really like the ammenity center that will open soon and all that it has to offer. We are thinking of going with a Ryland home because they have a floor plan that we really like. We are new to this forum thing but see that it has a lot of useful information. Can anyone give me the pros and cons. Thanks

Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
Use the search feature -- there have been a few posts on Millbridge. The community is very new -- will likely take 10 years to build out, so my recommendation to all of my cilents is that you need to plan to stay there for quite some time before you sell.

If you decide the community is for you, have your realtor provide you with the most recent sold comps in the neighborhood before you write an offer. This is true even for to-be-builts at this time as it is slow selling for many builders.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:36 AM

293 posts, read 959,031 times
We live in Millbridge in a Ryland home. We are very happy here and it is a family friendly neighborhood. The kids are always outside playing. The area and amenities are what sold us on this community. We plan on staying for a while, so resale is not an issue for us. It is a slow market now(everywhere, not solely Millbridge), but from what I can see, there has been an increase in lookers, so hopefully things will start to pick up. Please feel free to DM me for any information. Good luck in your decision. I'm sure you can get great deal now!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 7,188 times
Hello; How R U. My family and I would like to relocate to North Carolina. It has been a task for us because we R from Maryland. We took a trip to Raleigh NC; (decided it's not really for us). Now we're interested in a home we saw in Waxhaw and a couple of homes in Cornelius. We are looking for a location that has a surburb feel; but close to shopping, dinning, town, etc... We are not working with a realtor at this time. If you have and information I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecreatenow View Post
Hello; How R U. My family and I would like to relocate to North Carolina. It has been a task for us because we R from Maryland. We took a trip to Raleigh NC; (decided it's not really for us). Now we're interested in a home we saw in Waxhaw and a couple of homes in Cornelius. We are looking for a location that has a surburb feel; but close to shopping, dinning, town, etc... We are not working with a realtor at this time. If you have and information I would love to hear from you. Thanks.
R U coming with a job?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 PM

14 posts, read 45,204 times
Id be careful before I buy in a community that isnt built out or close to being.... The gun range scares me and wont help if you have to sell. I have also read that edenmor shares there pool and amendities... There price point is much lower ... that might be a better choice.. less money spent on a home and same amendities.. but there are way better choices all over and the deals will just get better in the future.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:10 PM

236 posts, read 695,743 times
Gun range shouldn't be a concern...it is so far off the street it's not a problem. I'd be more concerned about your neighbor with a gun...

Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
I would be concerned with the loud noise of the gun range when they are shooting the rifle's which is quiet often. the guns itself arent too bad, but any nice weather and they are outside shooting...my dd goes to kensington and I hear it quiet often while on the Car Rider line as im there everyday....there are alot of concerns...with so many builders and developers in trouble please do your homework on all the ones you are interested in...because they will tell you anything to sell a house today....

If you are looking to stay in the town of Waxhaw, may I suggest Lawson...its a beautiful Tree'd community, with 300 homes and some great deals right now..you wont smell the sewer plant like u would being closer, and you wont hear the gun range either...

Old 01-20-2009, 08:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blabber View Post
Gun range shouldn't be a concern...it is so far off the street it's not a problem. I'd be more concerned about your neighbor with a gun...
I have to tell u this becomes a personal preference...you certainly hear it and in the summer my lord its loud...again it doesnt bother some where it might bother others...

Old 01-21-2009, 06:38 AM

293 posts, read 959,031 times
I love Millbridge!. The developer is throwing us a Superbowl party for the grand opening of the clubhouse!
Great neighbors also....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte