Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

Last night, the bf and I were coming back heading west on Concord Mills Blvd at 8:15pm when off the I85 exit a (Im assuming) under cover cop with lights flashing (only on rearview mirror and two back squares in back window) comes flying off the exit and seriously almost t-bones us. We didn't even see him until the last minute because you couldn't see his lights until he was basically right on top of us. He didn't stop/slow down at the intersection, just completely flew out. It was a dark green sedan with a tag that said permanent. So here's the kicker, after almost killing us and causing us to swerve and slam on the brakes and thinking "oh god this is going to hurt" he turns his lights off and goes into the turning lane for the mall completely normal!!!!!!!! Like nothing at all. I couldn't believe it.

I'd like to report him as I got the tag and his personal description but Im not sure who to report him too?? Is it Concord police? Another agency??? Any info is appreicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Last night, the bf and I were coming back heading west on Concord Mills Blvd at 8:15pm when off the I85 exit a (Im assuming) under cover cop with lights flashing (only on rearview mirror and two back squares in back window) comes flying off the exit and seriously almost t-bones us. We didn't even see him until the last minute because you couldn't see his lights until he was basically right on top of us. He didn't stop/slow down at the intersection, just completely flew out. It was a dark green sedan with a tag that said permanent. So here's the kicker, after almost killing us and causing us to swerve and slam on the brakes and thinking "oh god this is going to hurt" he turns his lights off and goes into the turning lane for the mall completely normal!!!!!!!! Like nothing at all. I couldn't believe it.

I'd like to report him as I got the tag and his personal description but Im not sure who to report him too?? Is it Concord police? Another agency??? Any info is appreicated.
Wow, scary. I'd start with the Concord Police. Just your general description and exact time of the encounter should enable them to pinpoint who that was, if it was one of theirs.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:51 AM

I just didn't know because it wasn't a marked police car at all. Just the lights and the tag. He also had a computer screen up and talking on the phone.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 PM

I emailed the chief of Concord Police. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out with his help.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
I emailed the chief of Concord Police. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out with his help.
Please keep us posted, I'd like to know if they actually DO something about this.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM

5 posts, read 11,737 times
Quote:

Hi himain, the best is to start with the city of concord PD. Ask to speak to the cheif. Do not tell the problem just ask if they use unmarked cars and then give a description. If they say yes, tell them the incident. If they say no ask if they know who does and go from there. Be vague in telling why, remember it is "usually" the good ole boy system. Not always, but it is common to defend our "family" in most situations. Hope this helps and good luck. Whomever is reading this that is in law enforcement this is not intended for disrespect on law enforcement, but you are not above the law just because you wear the sheild.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:33 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Sorry for your alarm.
Please keep us posted on this...

Old 01-11-2009, 04:21 PM

Just got an automatic email back stating he's out of office until the 14th. I will definitely pursue this and keep you guys updated. It really was unnecessary and extremely dangerous..

Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,983,711 times
Your assuming it was for no reason. It is quite possible that if they did have a 911 call or other call for assistance, that the dispatcher or other officers called off the other cars responding. Maybe that's why he turned off his lights and drove normally after getting off highway.

Certain 911 calls require the use of lights and sirens, others do not. For instance, if they got a call for a burglary, they would use there lights and sirens to get to the scene quickly. However, as they get closer, they shut down the lights and sirens as to not spook the criminals, in order to try and catch them before they flee.

If it's a call for a robbery or assault, they would keep the lights and sirens going, in hopes that the criminal will stop there actions to prevent injury or further injury to a victim ASAP.

I'am not defending them for driving, in what you call a reckless matter. I'm merely stating that just because they shut the lights off, does not mean they had them on for no good reason to begin with.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:42 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,738,525 times
That is so scary, I hope you find out what the deal was however I doubt there would be any repurcussions for the cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte