U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 AM
 
144 posts, read 359,303 times
Reputation: 45

Advertisements

Last week we forgot to put out the garbage and now its totally packed. I have some cleaning to do today and I was wondering how full they can be for the city to pick them up. Does it matter as long as its all in the bin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 AM
 
Location: TX
274 posts, read 208,678 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbanana2002 View Post
Last week we forgot to put out the garbage and now its totally packed. I have some cleaning to do today and I was wondering how full they can be for the city to pick them up. Does it matter as long as its all in the bin?
It doesn't matter, as long as it's "contained" (i.e., not strewn all of the yard) and at the corner (pick up spot). Do you have boxes you could put your stuff in? They'll pick it up that way.

Leave the lid flipped open and just stack on top of the trash pile inside. That's okay, too.

You are not alone in this. My teenagers forget to put the trash out, then we're doubled up the following week. As long as it's at the end of the driveway, it's picked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 AM
 
144 posts, read 359,303 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoKey View Post
It doesn't matter, as long as it's "contained" (i.e., not strewn all of the yard) and at the corner (pick up spot). Do you have boxes you could put your stuff in? They'll pick it up that way.

Leave the lid flipped open and just stack on top of the trash pile inside. That's okay, too.

You are not alone in this. My teenagers forget to put the trash out, then we're doubled up the following week. As long as it's at the end of the driveway, it's picked up.
Thank you so much. My boyfriend works at night and I have to be at work at 6 in the morning, so between me rushing and him trying to get home to sleep it can be hard to remember something so simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 AM
 
1,253 posts, read 4,161,236 times
Reputation: 622
You guys are lucky. I dont think our guys have ever picked up anything that was not in the bin. Last week they were supposed to pickup bags outside of the bin according to an article I read in the Observer and of course they did not.

Heaven forbid they should actually have to get out of their truck and lift something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
 
Location: TX
274 posts, read 208,678 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
You guys are lucky. I dont think our guys have ever picked up anything that was not in the bin. Last week they were supposed to pickup bags outside of the bin according to an article I read in the Observer and of course they did not.

Heaven forbid they should actually have to get out of their truck and lift something!
I'm fortunate in that the truck does not have the "arm" to pick up the containers -- the guys (yes, there are two of them) are required to get off the truck to pick up the trash. And, I appreciate them very much.

As an FYI -- this is in my town's contract with the trash collection company that they will not use automated trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top