Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:32 AM

5 posts, read 7,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I played street hockey growing up, I'd be down to learn and play this...
Hey yinz guys. Fellow Pittsburgher here. I used to play dek out in Penn Hills. There's no dek hockey places around here but I am in the process of gathering a bunch of folks for some pick-up street hockey games. Are either of you interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Lake Norman Street Hockey Assn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishMic View Post
Would anyone like to start a Dek hockey league if we get enough Yinzers influxed to the charlotte metro area? I'm moving down to charlotte Sept 1st. I played in the PSL indoor league in Bridgeville and I want to play again in charlotte if possible.
A group of us meet every Saturday in Waymer Park, Huntersville at 11am for pick-up street hockey games. Come check us out sometime.
We have a Facebook group as well (search Lake Norman Street Hockey Association). Would love to see as many people there as possible!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lounatic View Post
Hey yinz guys. Fellow Pittsburgher here. I used to play dek out in Penn Hills. There's no dek hockey places around here but I am in the process of gathering a bunch of folks for some pick-up street hockey games. Are either of you interested?
Most definitely, though my current hockey stick has seen better days, lol.

edit: Oh, and since I haven't played a ton since high school, don't expect me to be in top notch shape, I might be huffin and puffin a little bit

Last edited by topchief1; 02-15-2011 at 03:35 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Most definitely, though my current hockey stick has seen better days, lol.

edit: Oh, and since I haven't played a ton since high school, don't expect me to be in top notch shape, I might be huffin and puffin a little bit
I just sent you a personal message with my email and such. Hope to see you on Saturday! Spread the word about our group too!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:13 PM

79 posts, read 159,242 times
I'm from Pittsburgh and played in Finleyville and Rostraver. I would be in even if it was a pickup game. I'm considering making the transition to ice and playing in Pineville, but am a little nervous of getting injured and my skating ability or lack thereof. All we need is a tennis court right?!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,625 times
I have been playing ball hockey all my life in new jersey. i have played on the deks in pitt and love nothing more than it. lets get together and start a sunday league or something like that.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjajunior View Post
I have been playing ball hockey all my life in new jersey. i have played on the deks in pitt and love nothing more than it. lets get together and start a sunday league or something like that.
I didn't do the Huntersville thing, because I'm on the other side of the city, so that's a bit of a hike, but if there's anything more south Charlotte oriented, i'd still be down

Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,123 times
Hey, people! I am a goalie of the current professional hockey league called Dunkirk Floor Hockey League. I do know Charlotte need a professional floor hockey league and can challenge a team from the Dunkirk Floor Hockey League like twice per season as a exhibition. Anyone who are interested to form a professional floor hockey league in Charlotte, we will need a place where we can play floor hockey. I don't mind form a team there. If you guys have ideas to do so, let me know via e-mail address: [email]undergroundthunder@gmail.com[/email]. I am thinking about moving to Charlotte, NC to experience life and want to continue playing hockey that I brought over from Western New York.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:17 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,275 times
the words "professional" and "floor hockey" just don't go well together in the same sentence. I mean, pro roller hockey only lasted a few years.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
the words "professional" and "floor hockey" just don't go well together in the same sentence. I mean, pro roller hockey only lasted a few years.

Yes, but the mighty Buffalo Stampede still rocked the house (speaking as someone who was there to watch them win the championship).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte