Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well, I just got off the phone with the Doctor's Group that sent me the bill. The girl who answered basically said that "we just handle bills here and to take up the issue with the hospital". Any suggestions on this point?
EM - I would be so much more help if I were looking at the bill. Who sent the bill?

Forget your blood pressure - I CAN FEEL MINE RISING!!!! ROFL!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,781,712 times
EM sorry to hear about what you are going through. Follow Ani's advice and I'm sure things will work out fine. We had a doctor out of network perform surgery on my DH and he waived the difference and we knew he was out of network and requested him anyway. I would think if he was provided by the hospital that it is assumed he would accept what your insurance pays him. Good luck!!! Hope you are feeling better.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Did you ask to speak to the Office Manager??
loves - Haven't call them. Do you really think that they can lower a bill from another medical group? I have this sneeking feeling that those "docs" you sign when you enter probably has a clause that absolves them of this problem. If I every go back there (which I probably won't), I suppose I'll have to bring three attorneys from the Charlotte Legal Group to decipher all the legalese!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
loves - Haven't call them. Do you really think that they can lower a bill from another medical group? I have this sneeking feeling that those "docs" you sign when you enter probably has a clause that absolves them of this problem. If I every go back there (which I probably won't), I suppose I'll have to bring three attorneys from the Charlotte Legal Group to decipher all the legalese!
Em, I meant you should call the Office Manager of the doctor group that sent you the bill

Old 01-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
EM - I would be so much more help if I were looking at the bill. Who sent the bill?

Forget your blood pressure - I CAN FEEL MINE RISING!!!! ROFL!!!!!!
It was from a Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta. I did some background checking on the doctor himself and he was located there before moving here. I waited 15 minutes on hold for someone to answer. ani - You'll get a chuckle out of this - they have a web site where you can "conveniently" pay with a credit card. www.paymentsMD.com I haven't even gone to it, I'm sure that when I read of how "easy it is to pay", I'll really have a stroke!!!

What industry in America conducts business like this? It would be like going to Scott Clark's Toyota and buying a Corolla for $18,000 and then getting a bill for $28,000 more a month after you bought it! No wonder they call it the "medical arts"! They have the "art" of billing down to a fare-thee-well!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:56 PM

Okay. Help me out here. You got a bill from Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta. Correct?

You called Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta? Yes/No?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Okay. Help me out here. You got a bill from Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta. Correct?

You called Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta? Yes/No?
Yes!

I just took a look at the website extolling the virtues and savings to be had. What savings! I'm at the point where I'll send them the BSBC amount and forget about the fallout! Do I really care if my credit score drops if I don't pay the balance? Not much - so I'll go from 800 to 700! Big deal! If they annoy me too much, that MD may be needing emergency service for the "fractured skull" he's gonna have! But then, I suspect he'll get "his" in-house discount!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Yes!

I just took a look at the website extolling the virtues and savings to be had. What savings! I'm at the point where I'll send them the BSBC amount and forget about the fallout! Do I really care if my credit score drops if I don't pay the balance? Not much - so I'll go from 800 to 700! Big deal! If they annoy me too much, that MD may be needing emergency service for the "fractured skull" he's gonna have! But then, I suspect he'll get "his" in-house discount!
So you are telling me . . . you received a bill from this ER group out of Atlanta and you called down there and they said - you have to call the hospital? If the doc is not employed by the hospital, the hospital does not have a thing to do with any fees for his services, wh/ is why you were billed out of Atlanta.

I am serious - my blood pressure is going up. This is sheer idiocy.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:13 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Quote:
Yeah - They were all amazed I hadn't keeled over! I used to get headaches a couple of times a week and I thought it was just keeping the contacts in too long. I guess I can't pretend I'm really a 16 year old in a 56 year old body. Someone, quick clone me a new one! I was born several centuries too soon, I suspect!
You need a good internist to monitor your BP. Probably Lisinopril isn't enough to control it. I take 3 pills for mine (Inderal, Lasix, Acupril) and my BP is usually 130/70.

I also want a new body! LOL, I need a spinal transplant but I'll take the whole younger, healthier body, too. Good luck.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
So you are telling me . . . you received a bill from this ER group out of Atlanta and you called down there and they said - you have to call the hospital? If the doc is not employed by the hospital, the hospital does not have a thing to do with any fees for his services, wh/ is why you were billed out of Atlanta.

I am serious - my blood pressure is going up. This is sheer idiocy.
You got it! It seems that these doctors operate as independent billing units within the confines of the hospital. I guess the days when hospitals actually employed doctors are "Gone with the Wind". My hospital bill itself was fine - no problems at all. But it seems that hospitals are now more like "malls" filled with "doctor stores" that treat the facility like a "foodcourt" for their doings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: