Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 03:24 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Actually, most docs WANT to be employed by hospitals these days. And they get very sweet deals. But ER docs are a different breed. I don't know if CMC employees ANY of their ER docs. Many hospitals do all contract for ER docs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 03:27 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You need a good internist to monitor your BP. Probably Lisinopril isn't enough to control it. I take 3 pills for mine (Inderal, Lasix, Acupril) and my BP is usually 130/70.

I also want a new body! LOL, I need a spinal transplant but I'll take the whole younger, healthier body, too. Good luck.
SB - I did get an internist with the Mecklenburg Medical Group, the week after I got out of the hospital. The only mistake she made was she pretty much copied the prescription that I got in the hospital which called for only 1 Lisinopril a day even after me telling her the Urgent Care doctor had prescribed 2. Luckily, I had another one from him, good for one refill, so even though I'm using 2 a day, her refill limit of 5X won't run out before I see her next month. It's funny you mentioned Inderal, my brother ended up getting a prescription for that, when I told him what had happened to me!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Actually, most docs WANT to be employed by hospitals these days. And they get very sweet deals. But ER docs are a different breed. I don't know if CMC employees ANY of their ER docs. Many hospitals do all contract for ER docs.
Next time, I'm asking for "Dr House". I'll even supply him with my "homemade" Vicodin. Now that's something you never see on medical shows - what happens when the patients get the bills. I'll have to wait for "Frontline" to deal with a mess like that!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Well, Em, here is what you have to do.

Write a letter, referencing the bill you received. (ETA: write this letter to the Atlanta group)

Put - Blue Cross/ Blue Shield will not reimburse for these entire charges, as they are not within their guidelines for "usual and customary charges." The total amount they will pay is xxxx.

Please review and send me a new invoice, w/ the total charges reflecting xxxx. I will then forward you a check for that amount.

Just keep it simple. Send a copy of the letter to:

Carolinas Medical Center
Suzanne H. Freeman, President
1000 BLYTHE BLVD
CHARLOTTE, NC 28203

Send the letter registered, w/ signature receipt requested.

Attach a note to the copy to Ms. Freeman - saying -

I have called Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta and they refuse to discuss this with me and have advised that CMC is responsible for any action taken to create parity with these charges. BC/BS will only reimburse $xx.xx, wh/ they have deemed to be usual and customary charges.

Please advise how you will resolve this.

Thank you,
The Emissary

Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Well, Em, here is what you have to do.

Write a letter, referencing the bill you received. (ETA: write this letter to the Atlanta group)

Put - Blue Cross/ Blue Shield will not reimburse for these entire charges, as they are not within their guidelines for "usual and customary charges." The total amount they will pay is xxxx.

Please review and send me a new invoice, w/ the total charges reflecting xxxx. I will then forward you a check for that amount.

Just keep it simple. Send a copy of the letter to:

Carolinas Medical Center
Suzanne H. Freeman, President
1000 BLYTHE BLVD
CHARLOTTE, NC 28203

Send the letter registered, w/ signature receipt requested.

Attach a note to the copy to Ms. Freeman - saying -

I have called Carolinas Emergency Group in Atlanta and they refuse to discuss this with me and have advised that CMC is responsible for any action taken to create parity with these charges. BC/BS will only reimburse $xx.xx, wh/ they have deemed to be usual and customary charges.

Please advise how you will resolve this.

Thank you,
The Emissary
Sounds like a plan to me! Thank you so much ani! She is the head of all of CMC? I went to the Union facility.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM

Ohhhhh . . . I must have skipped that part, LOL. You went to the Union facility.

Is John Roberts still the President of CMC-Union? I honestly am not certain. If so, I would send it to him.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 PM

wish DH were here - he knows this stuff, lol.

I just googled - looks like the Prez is Michael J. Lutes.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
ani - From what I've been able to find out, radiologists and anesthesiologists are also part of this "new wave" of practicing medicine. It's not just ER docs anymore.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Anesthesiologists (gas passers) and Radiologists (shadow gazers) are a different breed - very independent. They typically prefer autonomy rather than hospital employment.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Anesthesiologists (gas passers) and Radiologists (shadow gazers) are a different breed - very independent. They typically prefer autonomy rather than hospital employment.
Since I got up this morning (at the crack of 11) I've remembered I haven't eaten anything! So I'm going out in search of a fast food place adding up the Sodium count. It's amusing to think that basically this whole affair started when I quit smoking and promptly gained 15 lbs! Being "healthy" can be hazardous to your health! Thanks a million!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: