Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,580 times

Advertisements

I know my opinion won't stand next to others posted here but here it goes. How can somebody who works for a not for profit continue to draw such a large pension in addition to their very well off salary when--1. donations are down as it is. So what little bit they are bringing in at this point is going directly to her and not to the programs it should be helping. 2. Be grateful you are getting anything, there are lots of people who would just like to have a job right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 05:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,847 times
Default Gloria Pace King Original Hometown?

This may be off-topic, however back in the 60s I grew up with a Gloria Pace and went to school with her brother. She went to Greensboro Page High School, although many from our neighborhood went to James B. Dudley. She was a breath younger than us. Anyone know whether her hometown is Greensboro?

Old 01-28-2009, 05:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osakwe View Post
This may be off-topic, however back in the 60s I grew up with a Gloria Pace and went to school with her brother. She went to Greensboro Page High School, although many from our neighborhood went to James B. Dudley. She was a breath younger than us. Anyone know whether her hometown is Greensboro?
No, sure don't. But if I run across that info, I will let you know.

I am going to be posting more about her expense reports wh/ were just made public.

She racked up $37,000 on hotel stays in one year!!! And had UW paying for her car lease - $749/month. Sounds like a Beemer or a Benz to me - what do you all think? I have not dug into the paperwork itself - I just heard these tidbits on TV.

She sure took everyone for a ride. BIG TIME.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
[quote=anifani821;7219604]And had UW paying for her car lease - $749/month. Sounds like a Beemer or a Benz to me - what do you all think? /QUOTE]

FWIW: It was an Infiniti.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM

[quote=Stripes17;7220446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
And had UW paying for her car lease - $749/month. Sounds like a Beemer or a Benz to me - what do you all think? /QUOTE]

FWIW: It was an Infiniti.
HEE HEE - well, we knew it wasn't a Kia, LOL!!!! Thanks for sharing, Stripes!!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cball75 View Post
Gloria Pace King files discrimination complaint | CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/472207.html - broken link)

Former United Way head files suit claiming discrimination in firing. Any thoughts on that? I must admit I am a little amazed that she did this.
Why? She bilked one system for years...now she's doing the same thing through another avenue.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
Can anyone tell me who was the CEO before Pace? What did their compensation package look like?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Can anyone tell me who was the CEO before Pace? What did their compensation package look like?
Hi, Bay! You know, I don't remember but I did see something along the way (during all this) referring to the former director. Don't think I saw anything about compensation, tho.

That one article I posted gave some comparisons, tho, to other UW CEOs around the country and how King's salary, bonuses and pension stacked up. I found that very revealing.

The red herring in all this is how King has tooted her own horn about donations. Sure, we had big donations here - but it was not b/c of HER!!! It was b/c big corporations, such as Wachovia and BofA, pushed their employees to give big bucks. Of course that made King look like she was doing a great job! But the CEOs of those corps served on the board - so they pushed their own organizations to ante up! That had nothing to do w/ who the CEO of UW was, for heaven's sake. I find it insulting that King has touted that the contributions were due to her being such a miracle worker.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Don Sanders who was the CEO before King, earned $120K/year towards the end of his tenure and had $1.2 million pension package- the law didn't require this to be reported to IRS at the time, so it was kepted private. The law changed and King's pension was reported to the IR which is how the Observer ended up reporting on it.

King started at $120K after taking over from Don and through raises and Bonuses ended up with the $365K salary in 2007. Don said that she made more and was compensated more because she raised a lot more money than he did.

Either way this whole thing is neither here nor there anymore, for me at least...Gloria has breast cancer and has been battling that since late last year.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Don Sanders who was the CEO before King, earned $120K/year towards the end of his tenure and had $1.2 million pension package- the law didn't require this to be reported to IRS at the time, so it was kepted private. The law changed and King's pension was reported to the IR which is how the Observer ended up reporting on it.

King started at $120K after taking over from Don and through raises and Bonuses ended up with the $365K salary in 2007. Don said that she made more and was compensated more because she raised a lot more money than he did.

Either way this whole thing is neither here nor there anymore, for me at least...Gloria has breast cancer and has been battling that since late last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte