Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:29 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
America the land of the golf cart, I was caddying for a friend in at Royal Dornoch, when we had joked about the golf carts,w e hwere told oh they are only for the tourists....
No doubt!!! It is somewhat amusing (and somewhat sad) how many people aspire to a retirement that includes living on a golf course . . . and owning one's own golf cart, HEE HEE. I love golf course living - but it kinda defeats the whole purpose of playing golf when one dilutes the experience of being on a beautiful course by zipping around from one tee to the next, LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:08 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,399 times
I think it's because of all the fat, corn fed mid-westerners that have moved down here.....

Oh...wait minute I'm one of those...

Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
Wow, Miami was #1???? That really surprised me.

It said Charlotte's consumption of fruits and vegetables was lower. I can see that. There are many produce items that are difficult to find here or are much higher priced than many other places in the country.

Dawn

Old 01-15-2009, 10:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
They are just mad we have more/better grocery stores.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,335 times
Honestly, and I'm not criticizing Charlotte, my husband and I noticed that we see more overweight people here and less people biking/jogging/walking than we did in the Chicago area. We thought this was odd since Chicago was always listed as one of the fattest cities (hotdogs, The Taste, Italian beef, oh my!).

I will say that I'd rather live in a "fat" city ANY DAY over living in the super-image-conscious neighborhood we used to live in. At least the overweight/normal people don't give mean looks to us as we walk down the street like the fitness freaks in Chicago used to, LOL!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:16 PM

206 posts, read 514,383 times
Dawn, that was my first thought when I read the article. We are lacking variety in affordable fruits and vegetables. I also find that many restaurants serve horrible salads and that has disappointed me somewhat. I fussed about how expensive the fruits and vegetables are and my friend pointed out that no wonder the shopping carts at check out seem to have little or no fruits and vegetables. But I agree with Ani that a lot of people seem to be exercising especially in the South side of town where I live. I guess the equation is imbalance we need the right diet to go with the exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte