Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:38 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,528 times

Advertisements

We're thinking about relocating to South Charlotte (husband would travel to various clients in Charlotte and outside states so needs a good airport for domestic travel). We'd like a 5 bed home, half acre or so, in very upscale community. Does $700k get anything decent in the South Charlotte areas? I looked at Ballantyne, for example, and the planned communities look not very good, older houses, smaller homes.

Something like The Governor's Club in Chapel Hill - that's more what we're looking for, but I don't see anything like that in South Charlotte. The stats say 75% of NASCAR employees and drivers live within two hours of Charlotte. Does that mean the most upscale communities are not in So Charlotte?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 10:51 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
We're thinking about relocating to South Charlotte (husband would travel to various clients in Charlotte and outside states so needs a good airport for domestic travel). We'd like a 5 bed home, half acre or so, in very upscale community. Does $700k get anything decent in the South Charlotte areas? I looked at Ballantyne, for example, and the planned communities look not very good, older houses, smaller homes.

Something like The Governor's Club in Chapel Hill - that's more what we're looking for, but I don't see anything like that in South Charlotte. The stats say 75% of NASCAR employees and drivers live within two hours of Charlotte. Does that mean the most upscale communities are not in So Charlotte?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about S. Charlotte but check out River Run in Davidson.
http://www.riverruncommunity.com/

Old 03-09-2007, 11:11 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times
I don't know what kind of home/community you want but if you go just south of Ballentyne you can find very nice communities in Firethorne or Marvin Creek. Both are quite new and listed as Marvin or Waxhaw.

Dawn

Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 AM

11 posts, read 25,747 times
I'm sending you a PM.

Mary

Old 03-09-2007, 12:16 PM

178 posts, read 875,297 times
You might want to take a look at The Palisades at Lake Wylie.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,381 times
Union County...

Providence Downs South
Kings Meade
Firethorne
Victoria Lakes
Chatsworth

just the tip of the iceberg, but yes, there is plenty that fits your criterior. Weddington I believe has the highest income per household in the state. Waxhaw, Marvin are super hot right now (right next to Weddington)

Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,381 times
btw....your price range should find you 5000 sq ft., 4-5 Bdrms, all brick ,1/2acre+ lots , 3 car garage, lots of moulding, fireplace, pretty much a spectacular home

Old 03-09-2007, 02:55 PM

478 posts, read 2,045,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2000 View Post
You might want to take a look at The Palisades at Lake Wylie.
Gorgeous! But I'm not seeing anything under high $800s. Maybe people bought up all the homes in my price range? What a place that is...wow.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:18 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times
I would think that most NASCAR drivers live in the over 1M housing areas. My husband used to do their taxes!

Around here we have 2M+ homes and lots of Panther players and ball players. Many of them live in a development down the road called Sedgefield. I think they start at over 2 Million.

Dawn

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:21 PM

178 posts, read 875,297 times
Quote:
Gorgeous! But I'm not seeing anything under high $800s. Maybe people bought up all the homes in my price range? What a place that is...wow.

I think you are looking in the "Custom Homes" area. Check under the individual neighborhoods. There are merchant home builders (Shea, Ryland, Niblock ect. ) in the 400's-700's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte