Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times

Advertisements

Give me a nice little whiteout snow of 4-6" just to have some fun, and temps the next day in the 50's to melt it....

that would be perfect.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 09:20 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Give me a nice little whiteout snow of 4-6" just to have some fun, and temps the next day in the 50's to melt it...

And an overnight low of below freezing to watch it all turn to ice.

I've been there too many times. Trust me. It happens and when it does, it ain't pretty.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
And an overnight low of below freezing to watch it all turn to ice.

I've been there too many times. Trust me. It happens and when it does, it ain't pretty.
Especially here... There's a reason that the entire city shuts down when it snows or we have freezing rain.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM

450 posts, read 2,321,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
OMG really? I've never seen snow..Even if I have to run outside, take pic, catch some in my mouth and run back inside and drink some alcohol to get warm , I'll love it!
Never?? Where are you from? I hope you get to see some then. I wish it would snow more in NC.

I have lived here all my life, mostly near Winston-Salem, and when I was a kid in the 80s we would get a couple good snows every year or so and I could go sledding in the neighborhood. We had a steep hill. I got a new sled in 7th grade, and it never snowed enough for me to use it, not once, again. (I moved out after high school).

I remember one year we got a pretty deep snow, more than knee deep to me...and that was the time it actually snowed more on the coast.

The weather is funny but one thing is a fact, we don't seem to get snows like we used to, not that we ever got too many good ones that would stick around...

Old 01-17-2009, 06:18 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
Blue I come from Miami.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:23 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Blue I come from Miami.

If you ever see the problems a good snowstorm causes, you'll never want to see another flake again.

Well...the only time I don't mind it snowing too much is if I don't have to drive out in it the next day or so. But even then it's a matter of shoveling two cars out...just a pain in the **s. Then the snow turns black with car exhaust, gets shoved into sloppy mini-mountains, and that white winter wonderland turns into a pretty dirty looking scene.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM

161 posts, read 423,270 times
Quote:
If you ever see the problems a good snowstorm causes, you'll never want to see another flake again.

Well...the only time I don't mind it snowing too much is if I don't have to drive out in it the next day or so. But even then it's a matter of shoveling two cars out...just a pain in the **s. Then the snow turns black with car exhaust, gets shoved into sloppy mini-mountains, and that white winter wonderland turns into a pretty dirty looking scene.

That is the difference. I grew up in SC but then lived in Canada for a while. When I was in SC a flake would sent everyone to empty the store shelves for milk and bread. The roads were a mess. Simply put the area who does not recieve the white stuff does not know how to handle it. From prep, to driving, to catering to the sticky after math.

In places where snow happens it is not always a bad mess. I learned how to drive in it. You had to or you lived in 4 walls for 5-6 mths of the year.

Now that I am back in the south I would love to see a good snow. But I also know it would cause pain all around for it to happen. So yep I have seen many flakes and would love to see another. But even though I learned to drive in it does not mean I would get on the roads with the ppl here who do not. hehe

Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,313,267 times
Charlotte is great when we get even just a little snow.
Everything shuts down and families can spend some quality time together.
In the NE or midwest it would be business as usual, but not us!
Relax, life goes way too fast.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
I wonder how strong the probability is? Im heading out of town this afternoon.. wondering if I should pack the sleds that I bought on clearance last year for next to nothing.

Not this snow but the next snow himain you should attempt in making snow creme

Old 01-17-2009, 08:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
ICE!$#%*@#!!!!!!!

You just don't want the ice . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte