Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 01:45 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,492 times

Advertisements

I'm familiar with ACM (Academic Common Market) which is when your residing state does not offer a degreed program at in state college but some of the other southern states do. i.e. my daughter resides in NC but her major is not offered in a NC college, she could attend a college in SC or about a dozen other southern states at in-state tuition rates. I thought there was a reciprocating program between SC/NC state schools based on certain criteria (i.e. GPA, top % of class) that would offer in-state tuition but was not based on the degree being offered. Is there such a program?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 01:51 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,019,218 times
The only thing I know of is that Winthrop offers instate tuition to students in Meck/Gaston and Union Counties. However, I might be missing something. It is fairly easy to get S.C. residency for tuition purposes. If she could find a FT job down there and live for 6 months before starting school, she'd be in. N.C. doesn't do the reciprocal thing that I know of because their in-state rates are so much lower than other states.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:57 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,036,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I'm familiar with ACM (Academic Common Market) which is when your residing state does not offer a degreed program at in state college but some of the other southern states do. i.e. my daughter resides in NC but her major is not offered in a NC college, she could attend a college in SC or about a dozen other southern states at in-state tuition rates. I thought there was a reciprocating program between SC/NC state schools based on certain criteria (i.e. GPA, top % of class) that would offer in-state tuition but was not based on the degree being offered. Is there such a program?
Three years ago my niece was accepted at USC because she carried a 4.5 or better GPA in a Union County school. She was offered in-state tuition.

This year my son's buddy is going to attend USC under the same program, with in-state tuition.

I don't know how many other schools offer the same situation.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM

852 posts, read 2,467,524 times
My neighbours son is also going to SC in Columbia and because he has a high SAT score he is being offered in state tuition even though he lives in NC.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:51 AM

393 posts, read 1,187,589 times
It all depends on the school. Most likely no, unless the offer her in-state rates, which basically equates to a scholarship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte