Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 AM

624 posts, read 2,108,507 times

Advertisements

Just a heads up. There are a number of pipes bursting today due to the cold weather that thus far have not involved any fire. It did however set off the fire alarm and indicate that there was a sprinkler activation.

I live at the Colonial Grand Huntersville and we just had one. I got the above information from FFs on scene. They were able to turn the water off and damage at least to my apartment is minimal unless you're my insurance company...

The water line broke/sprinklers were activated in multiple buildings at least building 7 and 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 12:19 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
wow. well, now that we are above freezing (33 degrees) this is bound to be a dominant story today.

sorry for your losses....

Old 01-17-2009, 01:05 PM

well just mainly soaked the carpet, and all the water is still shut off.

One nice plus was I just went into the leasing office yesterday looking to renew my lease...they said "Oh my boss isn't in right now, but I'll quote you a price on Tuesday." So this just gave me a little extra leverage as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:47 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
well just mainly soaked the carpet, and all the water is still shut off.

One nice plus was I just went into the leasing office yesterday looking to renew my lease...they said "Oh my boss isn't in right now, but I'll quote you a price on Tuesday." So this just gave me a little extra leverage as far as I'm concerned.
definitely. thinking of the mold that could grow under that carpet when it is dried....hmmm...

Old 01-17-2009, 07:32 PM

311 posts, read 915,814 times
oh no, mold. me and my husband wanted to check this place out.. being that you want to renew your lease, it has to be decent. MysteryMT... what do you love/not love about the complex? The pictures look promising.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 PM

850 posts, read 4,740,666 times
Renewal rates can not legally be determined based on personal situations. Can be perceived as discriminatory. Your renewal rate will be quoted in the same manner of all of the others.

It was an unfortunate accident that management could not have predicted. As long as they are taking care of the situation, they're doing their job. Why try to take advantage of the situation? That's a tad greedy IMHO.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Oh I'm very happy with the complex. I haven't had any complaints and this was just cause the weather. Also they (the mgt office) have been extremely responsive, they had their on-site maintenance guy checking for damages within an hour and professional carpet cleaners in my apartment within 3-4 hours. They are coming by again tomorrow to place fans.

As far everything else, the apt complex is pretty new I think built throughout 2007 and 2008. Apt layouts make sense and nice fixtures and countertops. Definitely worth checking out, they also have a website listing current prices and units available. Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Huntersville

Old 11-04-2009, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,638 times
There was a pipe broken some time last winter . And the Fire alaram was on and I did open a work ticket as my apt carpet got wet . But somehow the ticket closed without even lookinh into the apartment

Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,211,316 times
How can pipes freeze when we have not had weather below freezing? My guess is they burst for another reason and the ones responsible are saying this to avoid responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: