U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 AM

13 posts, read 20,107 times

Advertisements

That is great information, thank you! I am looking forward to our house hunting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 03:22 PM

21 posts, read 81,915 times
Hey i live in mpls , mn and plan on moving to charlotte, nc soon. So im in the same boat. I lived in raleigh and high point for a lil while a few years back. And im going to visit charlotte at the end of the month to see if its what i want. My daughters father told me i wouldlike charlotte because its like mpls, but smaller but got the city feeling like mpls. (hes lived in mn too) so he compaires both cities as alomost the same. And i have looked up crime rates, housing..ect.. Almost the same..
So stay in touch . I would love to hear how your adventure goes. Ill touch base with you after my trip also. Im going to be moving in or close to the 28217 zip code. My job is going to be there, so. Yeah message me sometime.
Nubia

Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,714,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubia2008 View Post
Hey i live in mpls , mn and plan on moving to charlotte, nc soon. So im in the same boat. I lived in raleigh and high point for a lil while a few years back. And im going to visit charlotte at the end of the month to see if its what i want. My daughters father told me i wouldlike charlotte because its like mpls, but smaller but got the city feeling like mpls. (hes lived in mn too) so he compaires both cities as alomost the same. And i have looked up crime rates, housing..ect.. Almost the same..
So stay in touch . I would love to hear how your adventure goes. Ill touch base with you after my trip also. Im going to be moving in or close to the 28217 zip code. My job is going to be there, so. Yeah message me sometime.
Nubia
You will be able to find anything you want in Charlotte. One huge difference is that Minneapolis is most beautiful city in the U.S. to fly over with all the lakes, etc. I love Minneapolis but Charlotte is closer to mountains, beaches, etc. and the weather is much better. I am a Charlotte returning native but spent a few years in Minnesota. Oophda!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 AM

13 posts, read 20,107 times
Ofda, yeah I can tell you were in Minnesota for some time.
Charlotte sounds the beautiful and fun! How hot and humid does it get there in the summer?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:57 AM

21 posts, read 81,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
you will be able to find anything you want in charlotte. One huge difference is that minneapolis is most beautiful city in the u.s. To fly over with all the lakes, etc. I love minneapolis but charlotte is closer to mountains, beaches, etc. And the weather is much better. I am a charlotte returning native but spent a few years in minnesota. Oophda!

yeah im sure ill like the weather a whole lot better. Seems like in mn we get 4-6 long months of winter depending on when it wants to snow. (oct-march) sometimes winter can stay through spring. It happened last year..so im sure ill love the beaches and my daughter will love being raised in warm climate for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte