U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,121,564 times

Advertisements

I have one piece of advice for the citizens of this area:

BRUSH THE #$%!!! SNOW OFF YOUR CAR BEFORE YOU DRIVE TO WORK!!!

Guess what, you don't need to buy a special brush for this purpose you already have one in your house. It's called a broom!

If you are one of the jackholes that I saw this morning with a car covered in snow shame on you. You are affecting the visibilty of other drivers by not brushing the snow from your car. If you don't care about them consider that one of them may slam into your rear end because they can't see.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,474,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I have one piece of advice for the citizens of this area:

BRUSH THE #$%!!! SNOW OFF YOUR CAR BEFORE YOU DRIVE TO WORK!!!

Guess what, you don't need to buy a special brush for this purpose you already have one in your house. It's called a broom!

If you are one of the jackholes that I saw this morning with a car covered in snow shame on you. You are affecting the visibilty of other drivers by not brushing the snow from your car. If you don't care about them consider that one of them may slam into your rear end because they can't see.
Agreed.

Unfortunately, idiots do the same thing further up north (where snow is common) too. Which proves that stupidity is not regional.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:58 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,121,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Agreed.

Unfortunately, idiots do the same thing further up north (where snow is common) too. Which proves that stupidity is not regional.
Yeah, I grew up in PA and people did it there too. Should have made my post more general.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:59 AM

407 posts, read 728,226 times
It has become a law in the northern snowbelt states that you have to clean the snow off the cars. Too many people injured and accidents because of ice and snow flying off cars. It is not a comforting sight to see a large piece of ice flying towards you while doing 60 on the Interstates.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 AM

1,475 posts, read 3,372,857 times
What about the huge sheets of ice/snow blowing off the roofs of semi trucks

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,050,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Agreed.

+1
Idiots actually come in all sizes, colors, and from various locations.
CLT does not have an idiot monopoly.

Everytime I make something that is 'idiot proof', someone makes a better idiot!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,878,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1
Idiots actually come in all sizes, colors, and from various locations.
CLT does not have an idiot monopoly.

Everytime I make something that is 'idiot proof', someone makes a better idiot!

I always though "idiot proof" meant it was a surefire way of proving a person was an idiot

Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 AM

407 posts, read 728,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
What about the huge sheets of ice/snow blowing off the roofs of semi trucks
Same applies. Have dodged plenty of those. Luckily no accidents and have not caused any. Also days after a snow fall, you will have ice and snow fly off that has been trapped in the roof racks on cars and SUVs

Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,141,087 times
Yeah, all it takes is a broom! This is a powdery snow! Not like one has to scrape off ice to drive the vehicle! NO EXCUSES . . . get the dern broom out and brush off your cars, people!!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,300 times
Where the roads remain icy or snowy, some people believe that the added weight from the snow adds traction like putting bags of sand in the trunk of a rear wheel drive car. Others fear that a broom or even a soft brush will scratch the paint.

If I leave the snow, it is an 'act of God.' If I remove the snow, I am tampering with nature. I'll leave the snow and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or