U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,302,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chf_mom View Post
what about Fresh Market for the sliced turkey and roast beef - we buy there and I believe it is fairly fresh and preservative free.

also Nova bakery should have your italian cookies I would think?
have you tried Pasta and Provisions on Providence for great Italian eats? - fresh pasta, sauces, like the NY stores.

nanine
Where is Fresh Market? I live in Lincoln County,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,620 times
Knudsen products, which I believe is Breakstone here. But they don't sell the yogurts, I miss my low fat lemon yogurt. Yoplait doesn't even offer lemon, I see you can get it fat free but I refuse to eat those discusting fake sweatners, eewww!

Lawry's seasonings, their taco seasoning is great, McCormicks is way too salty. I just looked at their website and you can order them, yeah!

See's Candy Store, DH loves the bordeaux, I heart the molassis chips and the suckers!

Knotts Berry Farm Jams-the only HT that has them is at the Arboretum, but it's thier select jams and Costco carries the strawberry. So at least I can still get them, just not a big selection. Also can order them on line.

Sugar in the raw 100 packet count, only Food Lion has them.

Pandesol Rolls, OMG I miss my rolls (Filipino rolls)

Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 AM

693 posts, read 1,954,312 times
Has anyone ever asked Harris teeter WHY they don't carry the full line of Entenmanns?

Last edited by Damemeow; 01-22-2009 at 09:42 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 08:45 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,731,106 times
My wife asked the Entenmen's delivery guy why they didn't stock the Filled Chocolate Chip cake, and he told her it didn't travel well.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM

92 posts, read 201,795 times
You can order Maypo (and other old fashioned foods at the Vermont Country store online (also through their catalog)

Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,797,937 times
I missed Rolets Pork Rind in the blue and yellow bag.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 PM

327 posts, read 1,057,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I miss:
Taystee or Aunt Millies bread
Vernors ginger ale
blue moon ice cream

Everything else I have found a substitute for
Vernors is available at most Harris Teeters. My in-laws love it. They only sell it in 6-pack cans, but its there.

My wife misses Dove mint chocolate chip ice cream, the one with the thick chocolate disc at the top of the pint. HT carries all other Dove flavors, just not that one for some reason.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 AM

1,780 posts, read 3,402,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastetcat View Post
You can order Maypo (and other old fashioned foods at the Vermont Country store online (also through their catalog)
I already posted that... maybe you didn't see?

Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 AM

222 posts, read 631,580 times
Does anyone have a suggestion for these?
Bison French Onion Dip
A big bottle of Franks hot sauce
Zweigle's hot dogs

I so forgot about yoplait lemon yogurt. Umm I didn't know I missed it until I read it here. lol

Old 01-24-2009, 10:33 AM

99 posts, read 353,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
Since I moved here in July I haven't been able to find my favorite CoffeeMate flavored creamer "Coconut Creme." (I don't like coconut yet love this product!) I looked in all the grocery chains and one manager offered to get it in for me, but when he checked his computer, he said it wasn't listed as an option. What gives? When I was in PA over Thanksgiving I brought some back with me, but now I'm out again. I was going to ask relatives who are coming to visit in Feb. to bring some down with them, but they're flying and I'm sure the liquid would be a problem! Woe is me. I live the sad life of a desperate junky, but I'm getting by...hahaha!!
I have no problem finding the coconut creme creamer. I usually get it at WalMart because it is cheaper there, but I am pretty sure that I have gotten it at Harris Teeter as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or