Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Duckworth Cheesesteakery is OK. At least they have Cheez Whiz.

Duckworth's Grill and Bar

LaSpada's is also supposed to be good. Never been there.

LaSpada's Original Philly Cheese Steaks & Hoagies (http://www.laspadas.com/Locations.htm - broken link)

I personally like the Steak N Hoagie shop

The Steak N' Hoagie Shop Charlotte 28205 | Sandwiches Restaurant in North Sharon Amity-Reddman Roa | Menuism

I'm not a Philly native so I can't speak to the authenticity of these places.
Although I am a Michigan native I lived in the Philly metro area for most of my life. When I look at menues for most of these places it is obvious that they are close but no cigar. The question was where to get an authentic cheesesteak. I'd say making your own is the best way to get an authentic sandwich. There is a hoagie thread on here & cheesesteaks were discussed as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 01:56 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayla007 View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for these?
Bison French Onion Dip
A big bottle of Franks hot sauce
Zweigle's hot dogs

I so forgot about yoplait lemon yogurt. Umm I didn't know I missed it until I read it here. lol
Become friends with a northerner and maybe they'll ship you the gallon bottle of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I don't know how anyone can eat Texas Pete after growing up with Frank.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawk View Post
The one thing that NO ONE has here are toasted ravioli. I used to be able to buy them in the frozen pasta section in Kansas City and they are out of this world!! However, that appears to be a midwest thing.
Say it isn't soooooo!!!!!!! I live in upstate NY and I love toasted ravioli! Guess now I can never leave the northeast......umm don't think so.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:04 AM

When I visit my family in WS, there's no Freihofers!!! How can anyone live without their cinnamon donuts? No one else makes anything like them. Or the coffee cake....yummmm

But I can get all the chili cheese fritos I want when I'm down there. I can't get them here at all. Not even a gas station and they sell the weirdest crap.

Those are the two big things I noticed. Oh and Fanta comes in flavors besides grape and orange. That's all we have here........now who's gonna send me a Cheerwine? Send some Sonic with it.....

Old 02-19-2009, 06:14 AM

14 posts, read 44,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
Isaly's Chipped Ham.
Sarris chocolate covered pretzels.
Fresh pierogies (not crappy frozen Mrs. T's!)
Anything from Jenny Lee bakery. (Are there NO bakeries in this town??)

Can you guess what city I am from?

Are you from Cleveland?

I would kill for a fresh pierogi. I've given up and am resorting to making my own, or at least attempting it. My grandma used to make them when I was little, but she never cooked with recipes, so I have to wing it.

I would imagine that if you asked for chip-chopped ham around here, people would think you were insane!

I would also love to find a veal bratwurst - the kind from a butcher, not the disgusting prepackaged kind. A German restaurant in Pineville gave me the name of their butcher, but I haven't made it down to Columbia yet to check it out.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM

146 posts, read 474,242 times
I would like to find a neighborhood Italian restaurant that sells chicken Marsala and/or chicken francise.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 AM

144 posts, read 403,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinman View Post
Items that I cannot find include:

Crystal Brand X-tra hot, hot sauce
Williams Brand taco seasoning
Dr Bronners bar soaps
Xochitl Brand corn tortilla chips
Act II Xtreme Butter microwave popcorn
Eco Brand laundry liquid
Tarantula Brand Blue Margarita Mix
Dr Swami and Bone Daddy's Margarita mix

I'm sure I'll run across more but that's it so far...
Hey I've seen Dr Bronner's Bar soaps at the Home Economist and at Lowes Foods. I believe Home economist will actually sell the liquid soap by the pound and of course they have a wider variety.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,899 times
Trader Joe's sells the peppermint liquid Dr. Bronner's soap. I even found a small trial size at Target! GNC and The Vitamin shop also sell the liguid forms. Never noticed if they had solid soap.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,591 times
Is Rolets fried pork rinds still being sold? Where?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:53 PM

248 posts, read 722,048 times
I cant find Celeste Pizza (frozen ofcourse)

It used to be always available in Safeway and Giant..

And oh.. I miss the H-Mart and the asian produce..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte