Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM

41 posts, read 115,007 times

Advertisements

you should get on CharlotteMommies.com--Charlotte's Mom-to-Mom Connection for any question of this nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 11:38 AM

407 posts, read 851,758 times
If something goes wrong with the VBAC, the MD not the midwife is the first one to be sued. She may hold your hand and be you hand maiden but if the uterus ruptures all she can do is say a prayer.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:04 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,986 times
Wow, I can't believe this is still a hot topic so many years after I had to fight to have a VBAC 9 years ago. My kids are only 17 months apart and my recovery from my c-section was so painful, I really didn't want to have another.

I interviewed doctors until I found one that would induce me 2 weeks early to ensure the baby would be small enough to push out. I had an epidural and the birth was a breeze. I was walking minutes after I pushed him out. No pain, no scars, no recovery period... nothing.

Keep searching until you find a doctor that will help you at least try to accomplish what you want as long as you don't endanger yourself or your baby.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliema View Post
Ok, time to add my two cents. I had a c/s with my first, had a homebirth VBAC with my second in Texas and am now here and have done plenty of research to try and find a doctor/midwife to have a second vbac (I'm due in about a month and a half). I am in South Charlotte and found only one that is even worth considering. His name is Dr. Peacock and he is up in Huntersville. It's a heck of a drive, but if you really want one, this is your man.

The woman who is my doula is one of the heads of the ICAN group here in Charlotte, so if you need a connection let me know. I have researched and researched this and vbac with a low transverse incision is safe (and I personally believe safer than c/s) if handled the right way. In fact, the only risk that has a lower incidence in birth than uterine rupture is amniotic fluid embolism which, ironically, increases risk with each c/s you have. It's a personal decision that each woman should have the right to make and it really makes me sad that the options are so few and far between here simply because doctors are afraid of getting sued or losing their malpractice insurance. I could go on and on because this topic is a hot box for me, but I'll stop there. You can DM me if you need more information. Good luck and I hope you get your vbac; I understand how important it is.
I have a friend in Huntersville area who just found out she is pregnant. She is stressing because she doesn't think she will find an OB who is willing to do a VBAC. I will pass on this information to her. I would like contact you but don't know what "DM" means....sorry, I am quite the newbie!! Thanks for your help!

Old 02-22-2009, 03:26 PM

124 posts, read 461,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvieIvy View Post
I have a friend in Huntersville area who just found out she is pregnant. She is stressing because she doesn't think she will find an OB who is willing to do a VBAC. I will pass on this information to her. I would like contact you but don't know what "DM" means....sorry, I am quite the newbie!! Thanks for your help!
DM means direct message. She's more than welcome to contact me and I can tell her a bit more. Our baby, Jack Thomas was actually born on Friday and yes I had my second vbac.

Old 08-04-2014, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
The Midwifery in Gastonia, Summit Midwifery and High Risk Obstetrics, completely refuses VBAC. I go there and my first appointment I asked if I could check and see if I was eligible for VBAC since my first was not emergency, and it was transversal. They said no chance and won't even check for me to have the option, which is very frustrating since I'm being given absolutely no choice in the matter at all, and not getting the care needed to try myself which is what many friends told me, to just skip my surgery and try. But with no monitoring my incision or even evaluation of how it healed I can't even do that because I don't know my risk.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:53 AM

595 posts, read 1,622,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormarie90 View Post
The Midwifery in Gastonia, Summit Midwifery and High Risk Obstetrics, completely refuses VBAC. I go there and my first appointment I asked if I could check and see if I was eligible for VBAC since my first was not emergency, and it was transversal. They said no chance and won't even check for me to have the option, which is very frustrating since I'm being given absolutely no choice in the matter at all, and not getting the care needed to try myself which is what many friends told me, to just skip my surgery and try. But with no monitoring my incision or even evaluation of how it healed I can't even do that because I don't know my risk.
Just find another doctor. Doctors don't know everything and there will be plenty that will have a different opinion of your case. Also, there are plenty of doctors in Charlotte that do VBACs, just call around.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:54 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
Got to tell you. Based on all the issues of raising a child these days, and now, with all the boomerangs, and I mean a lot....

You will have 99 problems with your kids but a C section ain't one!

Hit me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte