Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:21 PM

17 posts, read 100,922 times

Advertisements

Hi-
I'm looking for a nice NEW casual/contemporary sectional couch for a reasonable price. I visited Boyles outlet on Independence but they didnt have any. I do like their quality and selections. I can have one made with the fabric I like at another store, but that would require waiting and I was hoping to have it by superbowl. I dont care for rooms to go or value city stuff. I also dont want to travel to hickory or off 85 east somewhere. Is there decent outlet stores in the area that anyone could suggest? Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,098,316 times
check out K-Town furniture in the kannapolis Village.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:55 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,980,130 times
If you feel like going to Pineville there is a row of furniture stores that have decent prices. There is a Boyels, Drexel Heritage, Ashley, Ethan Alan, Haverty's Thomasville, By Design, Lazy Boy and probably one or two that I forgot. Great place to see alot in one trip. I think the street is Carolina Place? It is right by Carolina Place Mall. Good Luck

Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 PM

285 posts, read 799,977 times
I'm going to try here

Furniture Factory Outlet World of Waxhaw - Getting Here...

Old 01-23-2009, 11:45 PM

168 posts, read 505,756 times
Go to the "sale rooms" at baker and Boyles by Carolina Place. They both had a couple contemporary sectionals for huge discounts a few weeks ago. I ended up getting one at Ethan Allen. Only one there but about 50% off normal sticker price. Also havertys over there has some good deals. Talk to Diane at Haverty's she will help you out.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 AM

311 posts, read 915,436 times
Big Lots? you said cheap. While that might not be your first destination for cheap furniture, we got our couch from there last year and it still looks brand new despite all the use, it's very nice and holds up well.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:13 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,485,846 times
Well, I have to say that we have just gone furniture shopping quite a bit and we just decided that:

A. We can't spend the $5K we needed for a quality piece of furniture

and

B. We didn't want cheaper quality

So:

We ended up getting 2nd hand estate pieces that were very close to new or in a room that wasn't used much from Craigslist. We got the name brands we wanted so we know it is quality stuff, but we paid a fraction of retail.

I know you said new, and the only reason I am posting is because we thought we wanted new too, but after shopping and going around and around, we bougtht *almost* new and are VERY happy.

Dawn

Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM

17 posts, read 100,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
If you feel like going to Pineville there is a row of furniture stores that have decent prices. There is a Boyels, Drexel Heritage, Ashley, Ethan Alan, Haverty's Thomasville, By Design, Lazy Boy and probably one or two that I forgot. Great place to see alot in one trip. I think the street is Carolina Place? It is right by Carolina Place Mall. Good Luck
Thanks for the help. Went today, some observations:
Boyles-nice, but expensive. Uppity feel inside, but staff was nice.
Ethan Allen-same as above.
Haverty's-didn't care for selection, but staff was helpful. Seemed a step above Ashley.
Bassett-Had a nice clearance room. Nice deals, but nothing I liked.
Thomasville-Very nice sales person, but small selection.
By Design-Modern, not too much fabric selection other than white. Lots of leather.
Lazy Boy-best sales rep by far. Showed a couple of options and explained fabric benefits. Will probably buy there.
Ashley-Not great quality, kind of rude staff.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:04 PM

52 posts, read 177,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post

I second this one. We bought a sectional here and love it. We paid about 1400 with 4 recliners and cupholders!!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,027,604 times
One word:

Ikea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte