Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:46 AM

299 posts, read 1,065,838 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with Therrell Farms in Waxhaw? Do you know what fees are associated with living in this neighborhood? What community facilities does this neighborhood have, if any? It looks to me like there are no facilities, other than being a gated community. Is that correct? Is there anything else a newbie to the Charlotte area might want to know about the neighborhood? I already know the schools are excellent, which is part of the appeal of the area for me. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,744,887 times
It's $1000 a year for HOA dues. No amenities, only a pond.

There are a handful of lots still available that can be purchased and built on by anyone. Only restrictions are minimum 3200 sq.ft. under the roof and adhering to the architectural guidelines.

There are a few very nice re-sales that are available right now.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:33 AM

285 posts, read 796,624 times
nothing to add about the community, but I'd be inclined to stay directly off Providence during the widening.

good luck, Have you looked at skecroft, really beautiful entrance way, and I think they have a pool

Old 04-18-2009, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I will look into the other neighborhood you mentioned. There was a house in Therrell Farms that I liked, but it no longer seems to be listed so I guess it must have either sold or been removed from the market. I think we'd prefer something with a pool, though.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 5,882,125 times
I heartily agree with 5kidsmama Why spend a million and be on Hwy 16? 16 is not going to get any smaller, and has the potential to be 4 lane or larger all the way to Waxhaw.

There are several neighborhoods with equal appeal: Walden Pond, Providence Downs N,S,E,W and points yet to be discovered, Chanticler (SP?, right next to Skycroft, etc. Another gated community right down Waxhaw/Marvin Rd, just past Stacy Howie rd on the left, almost on the S.C line on the way to Marvin Ridge M and H.

All priced between 650,000 and 3 million and dropping about 100,000 a month until they unload enough to break even on their investment.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:41 PM

Ah... see I didn't know about Hwy 16. I have yet to actually visit the area to look at houses. We're just searching on the internet while we wait to get an accepted offer on our house in OH before we fly down to start house hunting. But I want to make sure I have a good idea of what areas to look in. Waxhaw looks great, but I'm definitely not limiting myself to only one neighborhood. I will look into these others you mentioned. Thanks for the advice/tip on Hwy 16 and the area.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:58 AM

40 posts, read 94,577 times
While you're in the area looking at neighborhoods, be sure to allow time to visit downtown Waxhaw. There are several good restaurants, depending on what type of food and atmosphere you like, and some great little shops. If you're here on a Saturday morning, stop by the Waxhaw Farmer's Market on the corner of Church and Price Streets.

All the businesses downtown are locally owned and, like small businesses throughout our country, need our support during these challenging economic times more than ever. Local businesses are one of those things that makes a small town like Waxhaw feel so warm and inviting which is probably why people continue to move here.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:15 PM

WaxhawLover.... sounds like just our kind of place! Thats what we love about where we live now... we have a cute town square with shops and restaurants, a local farmer's market, etc. I can't wait to fly down to visit.... but we're waiting to get an accepted offer on our home here in OH first.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 AM

92 posts, read 272,858 times
Therrrel Farms has homes $500k right now so I think they look like an amazing deal - and I'm sure the owners must have paid a lot more than that when they purchased them. I would buy one and build a pool, great way to get to know your neighbors

Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,053 times
We have a lot of great communities in Waxhaw. I live there and love it! It is close enough to Charlotte for commuting to work. We have a new Target in Wesley Chapel and several other shops so you don't have to go very far to run your errands either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte