U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:22 PM

452 posts, read 2,124,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
If they like Mexican, there is a good Mexican restaurant in front of the mall. I just can't remember the name, right now.
You're like me, I can't remember the name of the one IN the mall! It is driving me nuts. The Mexican restaurant there is a chain, and it's really good. My work used to have things catered from that chain.

I like the Olive Garden, the Mayflower seafood that's tucked back there across the street from the mall, OH!!! Macado's, that is the name of the place in the mall with the sandwiches. You get a lot of food for the money, it's not bad at all, and it's good if you're in the mood for sandwiches, nachos, etc. I love Sticky Fingers but they are more expensive and the last 2 times we ate there before moving their service was bad- really slow, and they were OUT of ribs and several sides- they are a rib joint, so that was pretty bad, and it was early in the evening. But normally, Sticky Fingers is really really good if you want ribs or BBQ.

R&R is ok but I definitely have had better BBQ and don't see the big deal about it.

I like the family restaurant in Harrisburg off Hwy 49 where R&R used to be before they moved. I think it's called Harrisburg Family Restaurant (duh) It's pretty good for southern style food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 PM

452 posts, read 2,124,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLily7 View Post
One inside the mall is pretty good and inexpensive. I am having a brain fog and cannot think of the name of the place, someone help me out! It's on the back side of the mall not far from the NASCAR park, and it's right inside a mall entrance, on the left.

They have TONS of sandwiches, salads, and appetizers, fajitas etc.......I loved this place, ate there SO much, can't believe I am blanking out on the name!!! When I was pregnant I would go there all the time and have sweet tea and nachos! It is a chain, but I actually don't know where the other locations are, there are not many in NC.

I'm still thinking.....it's a really good lunch place.
Macado's! I remember now. And I am laughing my butt off that I answered this AFTER you went, I just saw this thread and thought it was new, but it was because you were thanking people after the fact. LOL! Doh..

Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLily7 View Post
You're like me, I can't remember the name of the one IN the mall! It is driving me nuts. The Mexican restaurant there is a chain, and it's really good. My work used to have things catered from that chain.

On the Border? Is that the one?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:53 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,985,027 times
Sorry for the late suggestion, but my favorite place there is Razzoos. Its a canjun place right in front of the mall.

website: Razzoo's Cajun Cafe restaurants in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, and Charlotte.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:17 PM

924 posts, read 1,854,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
On the Border? Is that the one?
Thank you, thank you, that's the one.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,057,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Take them over to R&R for some pretty good BBQ.
Didn't R & R in Harrisburg close?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte