Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,192 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am new to Charlotte and working Huntersville. I really need advice on an apartment. I am looking for:

-one bedroom one bath.
-minimal square feet
-Lake Norman, Cornelius, Huntersville or Davidson Areas.
-Safe, Fairly quiet. CLEAN!
-around $700 for month's lease.

Please please please help me! I appreciate it! Also, if you have any opinions on:
Birkdale Village Apts, Camden Sedgewick, Redcliffe at Kenton, One Norman Square, Bexley Rosedale, Colonial Grande or Bexley Harborside..please comment! THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 03:44 PM

624 posts, read 2,099,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
I agree with Sunny and Saneely. I've been living at Colonial Grand since May of last year and have been very happy with my apt. The proximity to the grocery store and restaurants is wonderful and it's only a half mile from I-77.

When I was looking last year, these are the apt complexes that made my short list:

Colonial Grand Huntersville - Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Huntersville
- Exit 23 - I chose it for it's proximity, the fact it was new as well as most of the businesses around it including the hospital, and it's access to I-77. When traveling south, the traffic tends to 'open' up here because I-77 goes from 2 lanes to 4.

Camden Sedgebrook - Huntersville, NC Apartments - Camden Sedgebrook
- Exit 25 - I think the prices were a little lower here. The apts were nice, but not as new as the other two and the roads seemed really narrow.

Carrington Park - Home
- Exit 28 - Also a new complex with similar amenities found at Colonial Grand. I like the layouts and runs about the same price as Colonial Grand. My turnoff was more Exit 28, seemed more crowded than what I liked.

This was what I posted last year after I made my visit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
I was actually just down last weekend (2/29-3/3) and was exploring apartments. For the Huntersville area I checked out the following: Camden Sedgebrook, Colonial Grand, One Norman Square, and another facility nearby that looked brand new called Carrington Place.

Ended up choosing Colonial Grand. I was looking for something new that had never been lived in and had a similar budget of under 1300. All of these apartment complexes were under 1300 for the 3 bedroom / 2 bath units. Both Carrington Place and Colonial Grand were brand new.

I chose Colonial Grand because it's 1/2 a mile off of exit 23. Has 9' ceilings with washer and dryer included in the rent. Also the bathroom countertops of 42" while I think the standard is 36", I'm still young, but it's nice not having to bend over too far. Also all three bedrooms had walk in closets with lots of storage. Two ceiling fans, one in the master and one in the living room. Rent also included a standard cable package - 75 channels. Kitchen was great too, tile for kitchen and bathrooms - carpet elsewhere, if you'd like I have tons of photos - just PM me and I'll email them to you.

As for the other's, Carrington Place was beautiful, just liked the layout a little more at Colonial Grand. One Norman Square seemed a little older and everything was wooded and hidden, just personally felt a little dark to me. And Camden seemed really crowded, everything felt like it was right on top of your when you were in the middle of the complex. Colonial Grand seemed a little more spread out to me.

That said, I live in PA and am just getting ready to move down May 1st, so this is all just the opinion of someone who's spent 3 total days in Charlotte, hope it helps.

I'm gonna see how many times I can use this quote.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,319,301 times
Is Marina Shores not there anymore?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:49 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,959,114 times
Just go on Apartmentratings.com and spend a few days browsing... you'll learn a lot about the places to avoid!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 PM

876 posts, read 3,778,974 times
$700... too bad it wasn't more, our lake front condo is going back up for lease April 1. It's in the classifieds on here.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 5,192 times
Thanks for the advice. Apartment ratings helps a lot. Wish I had a bigger budget too! =)

Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 PM

189 posts, read 577,742 times
Birkdale Village is great, but I think it might be slightly out of your budget! Good luck and hope your move went well!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,288,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryChristine2424 View Post
Hi! I am new to Charlotte and working Huntersville. I really need advice on an apartment. I am looking for:

-one bedroom one bath.
-minimal square feet
-Lake Norman, Cornelius, Huntersville or Davidson Areas.
-Safe, Fairly quiet. CLEAN!
-around $700 for month's lease.

Please please please help me! I appreciate it! Also, if you have any opinions on:
Birkdale Village Apts, Camden Sedgewick, Redcliffe at Kenton, One Norman Square, Bexley Rosedale, Colonial Grande or Bexley Harborside..please comment! THANK YOU!
I live at Auston Woods, which is at Exit 18, so very close to Huntersville, etc. Right by the new mall, and accessible to H'Ville either by hitting the interstate or going up through Mt.Holly/Huntersville Road and then the business park.

My 1BR/1BA apartment is 800 square feet. Maintenance has been great and my unit is well-insulated against sound and energy loss. It's a gated community. I've lived there for almost 4 years now and find it to be clean and quiet and I've never had any problems with crime. My unit came with a washer and dryer and a microwave.

My monthly rent is $679. I'm not sure if that's comparable to what "new" renters would pay or not. I've been there for a while. On the other hand, they might be offering even better rates today because of the economy.

Electricity generally runs around $45 per month (the units don't have gas, so that's a savings as well) and water for me is about $12 per month.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:14 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,194,206 times
Are you only looking for a month? or just looking to spend less than $700 a month? You may want your own place, but I know of several people renting room(s) for cheap too and variable leases.

As far as Huntersville, I like the places off Gilead... It's a good area. I would avoid Harris if you can, I lived there and liked it, but if you are working in Huntersville, no reason to go there.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 PM

311 posts, read 911,687 times
Try the Marquis at Northcross.. I think that's what it's called. They're running GREAT specials right now and it's right near birkdale and affordable. They also have this thing where you can be wait listed, where you put your name on the list.. they will lock in the current rate/special they have at the time you go in, and then whenever you wanna move in, an apartment will be ready for you (as long as you tell them ahead of time when you want to move in obviously) and it will be at that locked in rate.

Kenton @ redCliffe or whatever it's called, we toured there and we really liked it.. very nice complex, great location.. good specials.

Someone mentioned Marina Shores.. they are PRICEY, and I think the apartments are old and crappy looking!!!! Wouldn't bother!

I think the Bexley's are also pricey, but apartments run awesome specials in the beginning months of the year.. so give it a shot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte