U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,638 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I'm about to finish school and am very interested in moving to Charlotte. I love the south, especially the Carolinas I was wondering if Charlotte is a good city for single young professionals -- I don't know anyone there, is it easy to meet people? How's the night life? I'd love some info! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 09:24 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,392,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki2323 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm about to finish school and am very interested in moving to Charlotte. I love the south, especially the Carolinas I was wondering if Charlotte is a good city for single young professionals -- I don't know anyone there, is it easy to meet people? How's the night life? I'd love some info! Thanks!
I'm actually interested in this question myself. I have kids in their 20's and I'm not sure what would lure them here.

What do you like about the Carolinas? Where are you coming from?

Old 03-11-2007, 09:26 PM

620 posts, read 1,888,391 times
Go to Atlanta - unless your willing to wait 2-5 years in Charlotte.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post

So you think 2-5 years Charlotte will be more exciting?

Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Yep - there are so many condo projects going up downtown, the Epicenter project is one, and it will include a bowling alley and a movie theater. Condos usually attract young singles/professionals, so you will definately see more bars/clubs pop up. Plus, SouthPark shopping will get even better I'm sure.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Yep - there are so many condo projects going up downtown, the Epicenter project is one, and it will include a bowling alley and a movie theater. Condos usually attract young singles/professionals, so you will definately see more bars/clubs pop up. Plus, SouthPark shopping will get even better I'm sure.

Yes I have been researching that Epicenter, it looks pretty nice. I should invest in one of those condos.

I agree with you, I think in 5 years this place will be pretty exciting and a heck of a lot more expensive.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:01 PM

227 posts, read 207,493 times
Ugh.... i wouldnt move to Atlanta unless i were gay. We have a gay friend there that loves it, but its a little to much for me...traffic, crime, etc...Atlanta used to be cool. Now its just another huge crowded city
Quote:

Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM

Most young people enjoy huge, crowded cities. It is where the action is. I have plenty of time to get married and have a family, although I would prefer my children be raised in a huge, crowded city because I want them to experience the diveristy and the opportunities a big city can offer. Personally, I'm not into the small town, sheltered lifestyle for my children, It all sounds nice but it is not my cup of tea - no offense to anyone who would. Everyone is different, and that is what makes the world go round.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 AM

297 posts, read 1,027,935 times
There are some great parties for the younger crowds on the lake and near the track "racer central". The racers throw great parties if your lucky enough to get invited. Coworker met two of his wives at those. You know the type Hot but not to smart. If you got ask "if you will fit in" sounds like you will do just fine. As they say "Come down" and maybe you will meet the next "Ricky BoBBY".

Old 03-12-2007, 11:17 AM

25 posts, read 62,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki2323 View Post

I'm in the same boat as you (I'm a 25yo male, single, young professional), I'm actually headed there this weekend to check it out (looking to move to either Charlotte or Atlanta, at this point leaning towards Charlotte). I have friends in both Atlanta and Charlotte, and they each actually love both cities. They all say Charlotte is like Atlanta, only smaller and with less traffic (and still a ton of fun)...cost of living is about the same in both cities...

But I'm def. looking for some insight as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or