U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 AM

14 posts, read 33,734 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Happy Monday!

So, we’re down to 2 houses that are very similar.

One is in Concord, Riverwalk neighborhood and close to the track. That doesn't bother me, but it is right next door to a trailer park, am I being too picky with that concern?

The other is in Heritage Green in Cornelius. Seems like a nice neighborhood, a little large, but very nice.

We didn't get to look around Concord at all besides visiting the track so have little to no idea of that town.

Thoughts? Input? Anything is appreciated.

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 AM

4,299 posts, read 13,620,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHGamer View Post
Hi all,

Happy Monday!

So, we’re down to 2 houses that are very similar.

One is in Concord, Riverwalk neighborhood and close to the track. That doesn't bother me, but it is right next door to a trailer park, am I being too picky with that concern?

The other is in Heritage Green in Cornelius. Seems like a nice neighborhood, a little large, but very nice.

We didn't get to look around Concord at all besides visiting the track so have little to no idea of that town.

Thoughts? Input? Anything is appreciated.

Thanks all!

Cornelius because it's close to the lake but higher taxes and if you have kids I guess the schools are suppose to be better in Cabarrus county.

My personal choice would be Cornelius.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:06 AM

254 posts, read 962,705 times
I would choose Concord..we're not that thrilled with the schools in Cornelius (they are okay but not what we were hoping they would be) I'm not a fan of Heritage Green..it is a bit depressing IMO..I think they took down every single tree in that development! What is your price range? There are a couple of houses on my street for sale (though one of them they are asking way too much for and I highly doubt they will get it)

where will you be working? Cornelius is nice and convenient to many things..though way too much is being built in the area for my taste. I have friends in Concord who love it there

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,107,135 times
NHGamer,

Out of the two neighborhoods I would pick Heritage Green. I live in the neighboring neighborhood Oakhurst. Give me a call and we can discuss

Old 03-12-2007, 01:57 PM

85 posts, read 237,884 times
I would pick Concord for the schools, and for the faster commute (IF you're commuting to Charlotte for work). However, I've heard that Riverwalk is not appreciating as well as other subdivisons (if this is even a concern of your's). Here are some other neighborhoods in that general area that are supposed to be nice as well (Covington, Highland Creek - Cabarrus Co. side, Poplar Woods). However, as I understand it, Cornelius as a town is appreciating quite well for itself. So, I guess it's what is most important to you (schools, home appreciation, commute time, etc.). Cabarrus Co. also has low taxes. HTH Feel free to PM.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:19 PM

124 posts, read 124,834 times
When we first moved to NC as a teenager I lived in Concord. Now I do business there, and I have family there. I have also lived in Cornelius. My vote is 100% Cornelius. As mentioned, Oakhurst is neighboring Heritage Green and I think it has more character than Heritage Green. And the people in Oakhurst are great. There's a women's group that plays bunko, arranges neighborhood parties, etc.

Besides, living near the Speedway in Concord means your life will be hell a few times out of the year due to race traffic and noise. And there are no trailer parks near Heritage Green/ Oakhurst!

Old 03-12-2007, 04:27 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,375,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linearity View Post
I would pick Concord for the schools, and for the faster commute (IF you're commuting to Charlotte for work). However, I've heard that Riverwalk is not appreciating as well as other subdivisons (if this is even a concern of your's). Here are some other neighborhoods in that general area that are supposed to be nice as well (Covington, Highland Creek - Cabarrus Co. side, Poplar Woods). However, as I understand it, Cornelius as a town is appreciating quite well for itself. So, I guess it's what is most important to you (schools, home appreciation, commute time, etc.). Cabarrus Co. also has low taxes. HTH Feel free to PM.
I live in Concord and agree with this post.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 AM

254 posts, read 962,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19yearsincharlotte View Post
. And the people in Oakhurst are great. !

yeah..the sex offender down the street from me is a real peach

Old 03-13-2007, 06:55 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,776,806 times
Default Where is Oakhurst

Oakhurst sounds like a nice place. Is it anywhere near the lake?

Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,107,135 times
Yes its in Cornelius about 5 min drive to the lake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or