U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 PM

79 posts, read 163,822 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time that I have been to this site and I noticed that some people had been discussing the Catawba River area subdivisions. Everyone has always been so helpful with other threads so I thought that maybe I could learn more here than my google searchs have gotten me thus far.

My wife and I just moved up into the area (Gastonia) from Florida and were actually looking to buy a house in Catawba River Plantation. We couldn't believe the great deal that it seemed we would be getting (almost 50% off tax value) and the first thing we thought about was that something must be wrong with either the house or the area.

I was just curious to see if anyone could lend some solid information about the builders, Westminster Homes, or the area in general. It seems that there are an awful lot of foreclosures in the area. I was just going to see if this was a good area to start out in and what caused this drastic change in the climate there. We are both from the Charlotte Metro area originally and had only heard great things about Belmont/Mt. Holly so we want to make sure we are not getting ourselves into trouble.

Also curious about the schools: Paw Creek Elem. and Coulwood Middle; are they ok? We don't have kids yet but we are trying so we want to be in a good area for a family.

Any information is greatly appreciated and I hope to hear from you guys soon!

Thanks,
Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM

79 posts, read 163,822 times
Default To the top

Any information would be helpful yall.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 02-01-2009, 10:41 PM

171 posts, read 211,354 times
I live in that area. If you post the intersection, specific area, or close as possible,I may have details of what you may be looking at, or at least what I ve seen.

Last edited by clavoski; 02-01-2009 at 11:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte