U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2009, 06:58 AM
 
40 posts, read 74,545 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Why in the world can't someone just post the names on here?

 
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,447 posts, read 6,642,486 times
Reputation: 1389
That would violate city-data's Terms of Service.

Quote:
This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
 
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
 
1,800 posts, read 5,164,205 times
Reputation: 734
I have had similar experiences with two different dentists offices in and around Charlotte. The first was Dental_______, in Charlotte (Carmel Commons area), where my husband was told that he needed approx. $2,300 worth of work. He went back for one of the procedures, that he was willing to have done. After the cleaning was done, the dental assistant promptly injected his mouth with novocain and proceeded to begin a treatment that my husband hadn't yet approved of! Needless to say, he never went back, but the office attempted to bill us for a proceedure that was never completed.
Secondly, we had an incident with a Dental office in Weddington, where my child was screamed (yes, screamed) at by the dentist, because she wouldn't stop crying (he was trying to pull several teeth and she was scared because I had to leave the room for a moment). I only heard him reprimanding her as I was walking back in the hallway. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. These were his exact words: "Now YOU listen to ME!!! I have other patients in this office who do not need to listen to you carrying on like this! Pull yourself togther!" (Nice bedside manner, wouldn't you say?) I still have huge guilt over letting him proceed, and I don't think that my daughter will ever trust another dentist again!
Then, (glutton for punishment), another family member went back to the same dentist in Weddington, to have a crown put in, that, according to our former dentist wasn't even necessary. (Sounds a bit like insurance fraud to me.)
Honestly, we've been burned too many times by dentists in this area, that we just don't know who to trust anymore. Whenever we go back to NJ to visit, we try to schedule our appointments at our former dentist's office, whom we trust completely!
 
Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Reputation: 39844
To the poster whose thread was just removed for complaining about the dentist informing them that he would be using a more expensive procedure IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCEDURE, here is what I wrote:


OH NO! That's terrible. Some of these dentists just amaze me. The middle of the procedure was no time to tell you he was doing such an expensive thing. I would stand firm, doing so may help future patients from suffering this kind of treatment. Dentists need to be made to understand that especially in this day many of their procedures are LUXURY items for many of us - not necessities. I'd file a complaint with whatever body licenses dentists in NC and put your same complaints in writing to the dentist himself. If he won't work with you to adjust the price tell them you need to be put on a payment plan of $10.00 a month or something until you can pay it off.
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
 
37 posts, read 97,266 times
Reputation: 28
I just had a bad dentist experience as well. I went yesterday to fix a cavity which became 2 cavities which was fine. The problem was the dentist used porcelain as filling without talk to me and ask me if I was ok, without giving me an estimation. Then he requested me to pay 1600$ which is a huge amount plus I have no job.

I read here about that site with filing the complaint but they are saying that :
"The Board does not have the authority to make a dentist refund money, but a refund might be a condition of a consent agreement. Compensation for personal damages is not within the Board's authority."
which means that you cannot get the money back even if you are right?

Did somebody have any experience wiht this Board? Are there any other ways we can defend ?
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
 
37 posts, read 97,266 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
To the poster whose thread was just removed for complaining about the dentist informing them that he would be using a more expensive procedure IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCEDURE, here is what I wrote:


OH NO! That's terrible. Some of these dentists just amaze me. The middle of the procedure was no time to tell you he was doing such an expensive thing. I would stand firm, doing so may help future patients from suffering this kind of treatment. Dentists need to be made to understand that especially in this day many of their procedures are LUXURY items for many of us - not necessities. I'd file a complaint with whatever body licenses dentists in NC and put your same complaints in writing to the dentist himself. If he won't work with you to adjust the price tell them you need to be put on a payment plan of $10.00 a month or something until you can pay it off.

Thank you so much LOVESMOUNTAINS! I just read your post
Yes, I tried to work with the dentist but it looks like they are not going to lower the price. They are saying that the dentist did the best procedure and I have to pay because otherwise will send the collector on me.
I will definitely fill a complaint for this dentist because it was outrageous what he did to me. Porcelain in these days ! It's like a bad joke on my expense unfortunately.
But I understood that the Board cannot refund the money from the dentist so... I will still have to pay.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-03-2009 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: tos violation
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
3,356 posts, read 8,863,939 times
Reputation: 1932
So I was told by a dentist that as I have old filings they all need to be replaced by crowns. $1000 a pop after insurance approx $500 out of my pocket.

Went to another dentist who replaced 3 filing on one side with 3 white filings.

Insurance deemed that one of the filings did not need white so I paid out of pocket.

$50 deductible
$23 for insurance did not allow
$75.60 for 3 filings
$0 for cleaning, scale & polish etc.

So total was $148.60

As apposed to another dentist that wanted $3000 worth of work for the same 3 teeth.
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
 
29 posts, read 87,077 times
Reputation: 11
Default credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbv View Post
I just had a bad dentist experience as well. I went yesterday to fix a cavity which became 2 cavities which was fine. The problem was the dentist used porcelain as filling without talk to me and ask me if I was ok, without giving me an estimation. Then he requested me to pay 1600$ which is a huge amount plus I have no job.

I read here about that site with filing the complaint but they are saying that :
"The Board does not have the authority to make a dentist refund money, but a refund might be a condition of a consent agreement. Compensation for personal damages is not within the Board's authority."
which means that you cannot get the money back even if you are right?

Did somebody have any experience wiht this Board? Are there any other ways we can defend ?

Hi
If you paid by credit card would the credit card company be able to help? I know my sister in law was able to get her credit card company to credit her account back money with a service she was not happy with.(house repair) would this work with dental work also? Just a thought. what is it with some of these dentists? do they think people don't talk to each other? is this why there seems to be one on every corner so that people have someone to go to when they get robbed by one of them. Of course I do know there are GREAT ones out there, we just need to find them!
 
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
 
37 posts, read 97,266 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by moet View Post
Hi
If you paid by credit card would the credit card company be able to help? I know my sister in law was able to get her credit card company to credit her account back money with a service she was not happy with.(house repair) would this work with dental work also? Just a thought. what is it with some of these dentists? do they think people don't talk to each other? is this why there seems to be one on every corner so that people have someone to go to when they get robbed by one of them. Of course I do know there are GREAT ones out there, we just need to find them!
I wrote a cheque for a part of the amount. I do not think the credit card rule would apply for medical care and dental expenses. Otherwise we should always say: Well, I was not too happy by your consultation Dr. so I'm sorry to let you know but I'm not gonna pay for it.
I think the medical expenses are pretty "have to pay" things, and if not, they will send a statement bill every month. And as far as I know, the balance will add some interest on it after a couple of months of missing payments.

Last edited by mnbv; 02-03-2009 at 12:00 PM..
 
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
 
206 posts, read 453,313 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by moet View Post
Hi
If you paid by credit card would the credit card company be able to help? I know my sister in law was able to get her credit card company to credit her account back money with a service she was not happy with.(house repair) would this work with dental work also? Just a thought. what is it with some of these dentists? do they think people don't talk to each other? is this why there seems to be one on every corner so that people have someone to go to when they get robbed by one of them. Of course I do know there are GREAT ones out there, we just need to find them!
I think many of us just trust them. Who knows how much of this is going on. We have to get the word out that we won't blindly accept their opinion to do extensive and sometimes expensive work on our teeth without getting a second opinion. Furthermore, our insurance companies should be aware of their practices so they can remove them from their preferred lists. At the end of the day, we are the ones who will have to pay the high premiums and deductibles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top