Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times

Advertisements

I like them both. Buckhead does have more luxury stores, but I am fine with what is closer to me. I also love the Belk flagship at SP, but I hate the flagship at Phipps Plaza. SouthPark's Neiman Marcus looks newer, but it is a lot smaller. They have a lot of the same brands. Everything is mostly the same at NM but the Atlanta store has a better selection than Charlotte's store (Well, excluding Brioni and a few others with I do not think Charlotte's NM sells).

Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Although I must say, for Lenox to have what I would consider superior stores overall, the crowds there at 5:00PM on a Saturday afternoon do remind me more of the crowds you’d see at Eastland Mall as opposed to what you see at SouthPark; or Perimeter Mall for that matter. The last time I was there I saw so many sagging pants and doo rags I thought I was at Greenbrier Mall.
But the crucial difference is that at Lenox, they don't feel the need to shoot up the place.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:53 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times
Phipps Plaza is on a whole different level from both Lenox and SouthPark, so taking off Phipps Plaza would be a better comparison (now if you were comparing it to the Houston Galleria or South Coast Plaza, then that would be the best time to combine both malls). Overall, both malls are very nice. I'd give Lenox the edge. However, I doubt that many Charlotteans would want to drive 6 hours (??) to Atlanta to shop at a Bvlgari or a Jimmy Choo when they probably sell the same brand at a different store in Charlotte (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, I have only been to SouthPark once. I thought that Lenox was much busier (maybe because I was only at SouthPark on a Thursday).

Old 04-05-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoki09 View Post
Who wants to drive 8 hours! SouthPark by far! I hate ATL traffic-which you have to factor into the rating. Now if you were rating spas--by far the spas in ATL. As far as more rich people in ATL vs. Charlotte umm...the "rich" don't get gucci out of the mall. That would be "well to do" people The rich shop in Florence Italy--that's how I define rich . So how do you define "rich?"

Probably because they get it at a cheaper price, while having the same or better quality.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM

Plus, SP is more affordable, and that is a plus for many.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Well let me take this back. I guess I tend to mix and mash what’s at Lenox and what’s at Phipps. Because on second thought, as I look at the directories for both, there really isn’t a huge difference between the two malls (South Park vs. Lenox).

The directories are not updated on the website these are the exclusive stores at lenox and some that are coming soon SouthPark mall does look better than lenox i must says but phipps tops both in decor and design
Plus lenox has one of the largest Niemans and Macys and bloomingdales

Last edited by atlantaATL; 04-06-2009 at 02:20 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Phipps Plaza is on a whole different level from both Lenox and SouthPark, so taking off Phipps Plaza would be a better comparison (now if you were comparing it to the Houston Galleria or South Coast Plaza, then that would be the best time to combine both malls). Overall, both malls are very nice. I'd give Lenox the edge. However, I doubt that many Charlotteans would want to drive 6 hours (??) to Atlanta to shop at a Bvlgari or a Jimmy Choo when they probably sell the same brand at a different store in Charlotte (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, I have only been to SouthPark once. I thought that Lenox was much busier (maybe because I was only at SouthPark on a Thursday).
Charlotte is only 3 hours away and there are alot of people NC and charlotte who come here to shop because its the closet place to find goods that there city dont have just like they did with IKEA before the charlotte store opened

Old 04-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Charlotte is only 3 hours away and there are alot of people NC and charlotte who come here to shop because its the closet place to find goods that there city dont have just like they did with IKEA before the charlotte store opened
True. They say like 30% of Lenox's customers are from out of state. That's a lot of people.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times
While I think this is a silly post - and the ATL and Charlotte comparisons (I am reformed) are getting old, I do know of people who drive from Charlotte to Atlanta on the weekend to shop, entertainment, etc... An Asian colleague of mines drives once a month because of the large Asian population and products, shopping - esp. in Gwinnett.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
While I think this is a silly post - and the ATL and Charlotte comparisons (I am reformed) are getting old, I do know of people who drive from Charlotte to Atlanta on the weekend to shop, entertainment, etc... An Asian colleague of mines drives once a month because of the large Asian population and products, shopping - esp. in Gwinnett.
Agree, MRDKB - kinda silly. I love Atlanta for Atlanta - but I am here in CLT and enjoy shopping in Charlotte. It is not like Phipps is 20 mins. from SP so I must choose where to go, LOL.

I, also, make occasional trips to ATL to shop. We don't have a Saks or a Bloomies. Other than that - I can find what I want here. I find specials at the hotels near Phipps and head out . . .

I think we are so lucky in CLT b/c we can get in the car and make a very easy trip to ATL if we choose to do so. Atlanta is a wonderful destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte