Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,084,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No, everyone is not affected. If you are a pro ball player, for ex., you don't feel the recession. Thank goodness you are one of those fortunate people who can keep the economy stimulated by buying YSK high top sneakers for $275.

What work do you do, btw? Your descriptions of your luxe lifestyle have led me to believe I am not in the right field.
Well here in Atlanta Football players arent the only ones that are Rich You have to remember over 37 million people visit Atlanta each year and lenox and phipps make over 1 billion a year in sales I dont have a luxe lifestyle I dont buy high end goods everyday i do shop on sale racks too. Yes i do live in a House and i do have a car, My mortgage isnt high and niether is my car note and insurance.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,166,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Well here in Atlanta Football players arent the only ones that are Rich You have to remember over 37 million people visit Atlanta each year and lenox and phipps make over 1 billion a year in sales I dont have a luxe lifestyle I dont buy high end goods everyday i do shop on sale racks too. Yes i do live in a House and i do have a car, My mortgage isnt high and niether is my car note and insurance.
Gotcha. Yes, it all comes down to discretionary income.

I shop the sales racks, too. In fact, that is one of the reasons I go to Phipps and Lenox. Bloomies has terrific sales and loyalty coupons that I can use, too, to get even more knocked off the final price. I love to go around Labor Day and start buying Christmas gifts at markdown. I get beautiful housewares for a fraction of the retail cost wh/ makes my $$$ go further. Of course, I do that here in CLT, too.

I love to stretch those dollars . . . especially when I can have a good time while doing it by shopping in stores w/ a nice atmosphere.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:42 PM

415 posts, read 1,145,133 times
A 60K income with no kids isn't too bad, but if I were in that position I'd be foregoing the expensive shoes and socking away a lot of dough for retirement, or investing discretionary income or putting it in a nice home rather than dumping it into depreciable goods.

Our family income is more than 2x that, and I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those "high-end" stores.

Just me, though, and to each his own.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am paying less than that monthly for my son's Jeep right now! LOL!!!

You are a mind-reader, Mullman. I keep looking at the posts and thinking - what work is there available that would provide a high salary and not require one to be able to write/communicate on anything above a third grade level?

This is a forum i am rushing with typing i know i left things out so you can keep your sarcasm. Trust i do what i need to do when it comes to work.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
A 60K income with no kids isn't too bad, but if I were in that position I'd be foregoing the expensive shoes and socking away a lot of dough for retirement, or investing discretionary income or putting it in a nice home rather than dumping it into depreciable goods.

Our family income is more than 2x that, and I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those "high-end" stores.

Just me, though, and to each his own.
WHos to say i am going to see retirement?? Tomorrow is not promise, I have everything i need in my home and theres nothign wrong with treating yourself to something expensive its what I work hard for.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,269,642 times
Quote:
WHos to say i am going to see retirement?? Tomorrow is not promise, I have everything i need in my home and theres nothign wrong with treating yourself to something expensive its what I work hard for.
You are right, might as well spend it all and not worry for tomorrow.
The government will take care of you.

But at least you'll have some sweet kicks!

Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times
Discuss the Original Post only please

Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,724,892 times
Quote:
\

Yeah those stores are everywhere.. Those are stores that every upscale mall may see. But here is a list which puts lenox ahead. South park stills has a way to go before catching lenox but i am not trying debate. in my opinion i dont see a comparison but with a few stores. here is about 28 more stores that Southpark doesnt have which is beyond whats at Southpark not to even mention whats at phipps

Facconable coming in 2009
Zegna coming in 2009
Gilly Hicks coming in 2009
Niemans which is 3 times bigger more designers
Ralph lauren 2 levels more selections.
Club monaco
Salvator ferragamo
David Yurman
Jacadi
Bvlgari
Cartier
Calvin Klien
Mark Shale
Nicole miller
Karen millen
Sony Style
Bloomingdales
Metropark
Ed hardy
7 for all Mankind
Diesal
true Reliegon
Zara
Miss sixty/ Energie
Betsey johnson
stuart wietzman
French Connection
Lush
addidas Originals
Nike store
Made Well
Now see, you've been doing so well, and now here you go getting all sensitive again. The comparision is between "South Park" and "Lenox", period, not Phipps. You've made us all well aware of what superior offerings Atlanta has in general. TRUST, we understand! Kill that word please, LMAO!!! Anyway, you say what I listed were stores that are everywhere? But the fact is, many of those stores I listed at South Park are ones that are "not" at Lenox. Which negates the argument about Lenox being more "exclusive". For example, Lenox does not have Lucky Brand Jeans, Tommy Bahama, Tumi, Billy Reid, Juicy Couture, Cole Haan, Nordstrom, Tiffany, Frontgate, Rangoni, Intermix, Sur La Table???

Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Now see, you've been doing so well, and now here you go getting all sensitive again. The comparision is between "South Park" and "Lenox", period, not Phipps. You've made us all well aware of what superior offerings Atlanta has in general. TRUST, we understand! Kill that word please, LMAO!!! Anyway, you say what I listed were stores that are everywhere? But the fact is, many of those stores I listed at South Park are ones that are "not" at Lenlike.ox. Which negates the argument about Lenox being more "exclusive". For example, Lenox does not have Lucky Brand Jeans, Tommy Bahama, Tumi, Billy Reid, Juicy Couture, Cole Haan, Nordstrom, Tiffany, Frontgate, Rangoni, Intermix, Sur La Table???

This list is phipps list. . The other list Was lenox there was nothing on there that was from phipps. I'm not whning just stated and opinion I don't see a comparison in either because both lenox or phipps offer more than southpark. Not to mention some of these stores there is more than one location.

Nordstroms
Tommy
Lucky brand
Intermix
Bob ellis
Cole haan
Valentino
Juicy couture
MaxMara
Versace
Girogio armani
Bally
Tory burch
Jimmy choo
Roberto coin
Barneys co op
Theory
Hugo boss
Sisley
Ehlie tahari
Saks
Anne fontaine
Gucci
Vera bradely
Armani exchange

Last edited by atlantaATL; 04-07-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,724,892 times
Quote:
THE STORES I MENTIONED. ARE ALL AT LEnox NOW. NO THOSE OTHERS ARE NOT AT LENOX BUT THERE IS MORE THERE THEN WHAT'S MISSING. BUT SINCE THE TOPIC IS ABOUT LENOX AND PHIPPS THEN ILL SAY ALL THOSE STORES YOU MENTIONED ARE THERE. Now if you wanna get technical some of these stores there is more than one location

Valentino
MaxMara
Versace
Girogio armani
Bally
Tory burch
Jimmy choo
Roberto coin
Barneys co op
Theory
Hugo boss
Sisley
Ehlie tahari
Saks
Anne fontaine
Gucci
Vera bradely
Armani exchange
Ha!!! All caps, I love it!! Again, the thread is "not" about Phipps. Never was. Its about Lenox and South Park. And you know what, we know you know that. That's why you keep bringing up Phipps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte