U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 PM

6 posts, read 16,095 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband and I are in our 20's and looking to get out of Michigan! We have considered some different states and like the sound of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are taking a 3-day trip this coming weekend and need some help forming an itinerary. Neither of us have been to North Carolina before, so any advice you can give would be of great help to us. We plan to visit 3 or 4 different cities, therefore, only leaving us with around a half of a day in each city.

We are interested in a safe, suburban area within approximately 20-30 minutes of downtown Charlotte. We are looking to buy a home within the next year in a growing area with good home appreciation. We would like to be in a nice neighborhood and stay within the range of $140,000 to $170,000.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could recommend a handful of must-see residential areas that fit our description above. Also, if you have recommendations for places we should check out downtown - parks, shopping districts, etc - that would be great as well. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 PM

1,418 posts, read 6,375,466 times
Some towns I'd check in that price range would be Concord, Mt. Holly, and Belmont.

Check out uptown, the U.S. National Whitewater Center in west Charlotte, the Lake Norman area, and Reedy Creek or Latta Plantation Nature Preserves. Have fun!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 PM

111 posts, read 493,059 times
Hi could you plese PM me. I am a native of charlotte and a realtor. I have some great ideas for you! thanks!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,842 times
Default Where in Michigan????

Cool. Where in MI are you guys from? I am from MI as well and just moved down here (concord) about 3 years ago. My husband and I love it here! I am sure you will love it too!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlywedsNeedAPush View Post
Hi! My husband and I are in our 20's and looking to get out of Michigan! We have considered some different states and like the sound of Charlotte, North Carolina. We are taking a 3-day trip this coming weekend and need some help forming an itinerary. Neither of us have been to North Carolina before, so any advice you can give would be of great help to us. We plan to visit 3 or 4 different cities, therefore, only leaving us with around a half of a day in each city.

We are interested in a safe, suburban area within approximately 20-30 minutes of downtown Charlotte. We are looking to buy a home within the next year in a growing area with good home appreciation. We would like to be in a nice neighborhood and stay within the range of $140,000 to $170,000.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could recommend a handful of must-see residential areas that fit our description above. Also, if you have recommendations for places we should check out downtown - parks, shopping districts, etc - that would be great as well. Thank you in advance!

A half a day isn't much time to see Charlotte. So, to use your time wisely check out Huntersville, Mt. Holly and Gastonia for homes in your price range. Going from one to the other will allow you to ride thru/around uptown Charlotte just to get a glimpse of it. Doing all that will easily eat up half a day.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 PM

113 posts, read 407,907 times
Loves mountains is right- it is a large area and you'll need more time if you are serious. See dozens of these communities tonight online at removed an online relocation resource i sponsor. Good luck!

Last edited by Marka; 04-20-2007 at 05:54 AM..

Old 04-19-2007, 05:42 AM

396 posts, read 1,500,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlywedsNeedAPush View Post

Are you the same couple that was thinking about Tampa a couple of months ago? We just moved here from FL (Tampa/St. Pete)...and I must say Charlotte is a MUCH better choice. I am confident that you will love it. Make sure you visit the Blakeney night on Saturday night. That is a really fun area of town that is perfect for young marrieds. And take some advice when looking at Charlotte: choose a real estate agent to take you around. I'm not one, but if I hadn't had one on my very first visit, Charlotte may have been too overwhelming for me. An agent can spend a half day driving you around and pointing out the good aspects that you are interested in. If my agent hadn't driven me around....I think I would have gotten lost in one area and just been frustrated. I really do think you will benefit from choosing one. Good luck. I hope you love it here as much as we do. Charlotte is a great place to be a newlywed...and way warmer than Michigan

Old 04-19-2007, 12:14 PM

21 posts, read 63,186 times
We are interested in Concord as well. How do you like it? We are looking at Riverwalk. Do you or anyone else have positives or negatives to share. We would love to hear both sides.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:46 PM

201 posts, read 741,004 times
More Michiganders! My husband and I just moved to Charlotte from Lansing, MI. We've been here about 3 months and so far we are loving it!

Now we just need to meet more people...it's so hard when you are working all of the time.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:29 PM

14 posts, read 47,529 times
I am also originally from MI. I have been living in Knoxville, TN, but will be relocating to the Charlotte area in the next 2 months...I am from Flint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or