Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:24 PM

999 posts, read 4,651,484 times

Advertisements

Hi all, It appears that I need a new (used) car, as my insurance company totaled my car due to the manhole HUMP in the middle of the street . I apparantly cracked the trans pan, the oil pan and the cradle that holds the engine up....and my van is 10 yrs old.....I had planned to keep it at least another year or two til we paid of DH's car and were going to try going without payments for a bit to save up for a new wheelchair conversion van.

I need a van for my daughter and her wheelchair, and it seems that most of the used vans are at Carmax. Has anyone used them? Which location? (Independance or South Blvd.) Anything good or bad to say about them? Will also be going to Mayberry Chrysler Dodge as they have a modest selection of Grand Caravan and Town and Country vans, what we need so we can modify it down the road. THANKS for any info you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 06:26 PM

529 posts, read 1,978,548 times
I bought a car from the Matthews location a few years back. It was easy and they did a nice job of getting it done quickly.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cball75 View Post
I bought a car from the Matthews location a few years back. It was easy and they did a nice job of getting it done quickly.
Thanks!

Old 01-29-2009, 04:55 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,088 times
I have bought 3 cars from them over the years. Two from matthews and one from South Blvd. No complaints and I got good deals on them. I can bear the sales people in the dealerships which is why I go to CarMax. Do your research online for the car you want also. I think that's a help.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:08 AM

109 posts, read 345,716 times
I bought a car from them 3 years ago, and it was a great experience. Great website for research. I was living overseas at the time, and I was able to find the exact car I wanted, had it transferred to a Carmax in Atlanta (where we were flying into), and got a fair price on it. It is still with me, and I have had no issues with it. Give them a chance, their website is great for research.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheloveslife View Post
Give them a chance, their website is great for research.
Glad to hear good things. I have no problem with going there I actually picked the car I want (in Gastonia) but DH wants to go to a dealer, don't know why, there's not nearly the selection there. But we'll be shopping around tomorrow....will have to wait til we get the money from the ins. co first before we buy though.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,057,785 times
I used the one on South Blvd several times. Call Sam and make an appt. Tell him exactly what you need and what you can afford and how long you are willing to wait for it.

He kept an eye out for me until something came in and gave me a call. I got there first thing in the morning and picked it up.

You can also keep checking daily and call him when you find something.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 AM

338 posts, read 796,217 times
I saw a conversion van company over on Tyvola beside the Jag dealer.

Edit I found it.
Ilderton Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep | High Point - Winston Salem - Greensboro - Lexington - Thomasville | New - Used - Pre-Owned Dealership | North Carolina looks like they have a bunch under there conversion inventory.

(I-77 & Tyvola Rd.) 5518 West Park Dr., Charlotte, NC 28217

Old 01-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks Ivster!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:38 PM

101 posts, read 294,581 times
I recommend Carmax. Worked with them for a little while, and found them to be very honest and reliable in all their dealings. A good place to buy a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte