U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM

89 posts, read 261,404 times

Advertisements

Charlotte/Mecklenberg is getting too pricey....I'm starting to feel that SOON is going to be much like Miami,Fl.

PLEASE, TELL ME ABOUT STATESVILLE,NOW I'M CONSIDERING THAT AREA! ARE TAXES LOWER? HOUSING MORE AFFORDABLE? SCHOOLS (MIDDLE)GOOD,NOT OVERCROWDED? CRIME/SAFETY ? WE ARE NOT CONCERN ABOUT TRAVEL TIME OR DISTANCES JUST A SAFE,CONSERVATIVE, AFFORDABLE,WITH GOOD SCHOOLS TOWN TO LIVE AND RAISE A FAMILY. T.I.A. FOR ANYONES INPUT GIVEN .

I would like to hear mainly from people that live or have lived in the area. WOULD WE FIT IN ? or FEEL LIKE A FISH OUT OF THE WATER ? I MEAN MOVING TO A SMALL TOWN! and with 45 years since I arrived in Miami! ABOUT US......We are a decent,honest,educated white cuban family that is looking for peace,lower cost of living,stressless life style and a place where moral and family values are still prevalent in the community .

GOD BLESS, Alberto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
Charlotte/Mecklenberg is getting too pricey....I'm starting to feel that SOON is going to be much like Miami,Fl.

PLEASE, TELL ME ABOUT STATESVILLE,NOW I'M CONSIDERING THAT AREA! ARE TAXES LOWER? HOUSING MORE AFFORDABLE? SCHOOLS (MIDDLE)GOOD,NOT OVERCROWDED? CRIME/SAFETY ? WE ARE NOT CONCERN ABOUT TRAVEL TIME OR DISTANCES JUST A SAFE,CONSERVATIVE, AFFORDABLE,WITH GOOD SCHOOLS TOWN TO LIVE AND RAISE A FAMILY. T.I.A. FOR ANYONES INPUT GIVEN .

I would like to hear mainly from people that live or have lived in the area. WOULD WE FIT IN ? or FEEL LIKE A FISH OUT OF THE WATER ? I MEAN MOVING TO A SMALL TOWN! and with 45 years since I arrived in Miami! ABOUT US......We are a decent,honest,educated white cuban family that is looking for peace,lower cost of living,stressless life style and a place where moral and family values are still prevalent in the community .

GOD BLESS, Alberto

Alberto, I don't have personal experience with Statesville, though from what I know about it it may not be what you are looking for either. Have you considered Clover, SC? Homes there are still very affordable and schools are good. From there back thru Steele Creek you could be at the airport in about 40 minutes.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 6,375,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Alberto, I don't have personal experience with Statesville, though from what I know about it it may not be what you are looking for either. Have you considered Clover, SC? Homes there are still very affordable and schools are good. From there back thru Steele Creek you could be at the airport in about 40 minutes.
Clover would be a GREAT choice!! My brother's son is in their school system (Clover High) and love it! Very nice area that's still affordable!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 AM

124 posts, read 124,834 times
I travel all over the state for my job and spend time in Statesville.

Coming from Miami to Statesville? I think you would go crazy. Maybe consider some of the above comments. Also a suggestion, Cabarrus County has lower taxes, great schools and still access to "civilization"-- meaning if you are wanting a great meal at an upscale restaurant, theater, sporting events-- you are close to the city. There are nice neighborhoods popping up in Concord in the George Liles Parkway/Highway 73 areas-- well, all over that area, really. You have a lot of options other than Statesville (sorry to knock Statesville, guys but it would be a big adjustment from Miami.)

Old 10-09-2008, 07:52 AM

60 posts, read 143,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19yearsincharlotte View Post
I travel all over the state for my job and spend time in Statesville.

Coming from Miami to Statesville? I think you would go crazy. Maybe consider some of the above comments. Also a suggestion, Cabarrus County has lower taxes, great schools and still access to "civilization"-- meaning if you are wanting a great meal at an upscale restaurant, theater, sporting events-- you are close to the city. There are nice neighborhoods popping up in Concord in the George Liles Parkway/Highway 73 areas-- well, all over that area, really. You have a lot of options other than Statesville (sorry to knock Statesville, guys but it would be a big adjustment from Miami.)
Your right. It is a quieter place. I'm hoping it does stay this way...cause the more activities the more drunkards, police activities, etc.

I tell people who want a little of the south but more movement go to Mooresville. It's about 20-25 min. from Charlotte. or if he wanted a little more quiet but nice shopping try Huntersville. Huntersville is nice. I like it there. And he'll be closer to Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte