U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:06 AM

333 posts, read 679,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hee Hee. I will tell my hubby you said that!!! He loves washing the car. However, he leaves a big mess and runs up the water bill! I would rather he take it somewhere else and play in the suds on their property!
I am a bit of a car freak, and the automated car washes make me cringe. The last time wife will ran her car through one, I told her I would divorce her if she did it again lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,021,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivster View Post
I am a bit of a car freak, and the automated car washes make me cringe.
+ 1/2

My car gets hand washed and waxed (true love) but the minivan goes to Autobell!
I waxed our minivan 2x and said never again, it took HOURS.

Our previous kid hauler (station wagon) was washed regularly at Autobell (2-3x a month) and still looked great at the end of the lease.
It used to be fun to spend all day washing and waxing two cars, but I just don't have that time anymore.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM

3,421 posts, read 9,213,064 times
I like the (reasonably) new "Sud's N Shine" carwash on Hwy 115 in Cornelius. It's do-it-yourself (which I prefer) or automated, and it's the first of it's kind that I've seen that accepts a debit/credit card, so you don't have to mess around with feeding quarters in.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,153,601 times
Do you guys really think Autobell is worth the price? I think they do a good job, but, for the amount of money you pay I figured out it is worth my time to clean my car myself so that I am 100% happy with it.

I often times find little areas that Auto Bell missed and it just ruins the whole experience for me.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,852,315 times
Any of these car washplaces clean the inside as well?

As in wash and detail the car.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,914,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
With that in mind, does anyone know a great detailer? I am interested in getting full internal cleaning as well, where they get all the nooks and crannies. If they do small cloth repairs even better.
Good question. I should have put that in the title - detailing. Maybe someone will post some leads for us . . .

Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 AM

129 posts, read 361,090 times
There is a car wash right past Carolina Place just across from IHOP that is 3 dollars and does a great job. I dunno the name of it though.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 AM

236 posts, read 730,229 times
Carolina Stud,

You're talking about Tidal Wave. I go there often.
I just pay for the $3 wash.

For those not familiar with Tidal Wave, its almost like a gas station car wash, however...
you have a $3, $6 and up car wash option. Once you get thru the wash there are about 6-10 vacuums available (free).

I like Tidal Wave cause..
1. its only 3
2. i don't have to tip anyone for half-drying my windows off (autobell)
3. its only 3
4. its only 3

I keep a thing of greased lightning and windex in my trunk. I just spray my rims with greased lightning before going thru the wash. And clean my windows in the vacuum area.

And spray my armor all on at home

Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM

14,114 posts, read 20,780,019 times
I'd rather do my car cleaning at home if I had to but the bf just gets it done at his job for free.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:42 AM

22 posts, read 52,083 times
This is my first post on here, but given the difficulty I had finding a detailer in Charlotte when I moved here I thought that I would share my experience, Brian's Exclusive Detailing did a great job on my car and were flexible (picked me up etc) and reasonably priced. Not sure whether they do cloth repairs, but I had a great experience after being pretty dissapointed with the quality of detailing at dealers (very inconsistent). Home :: Brian's Exclusive Detail :: Charlotte, NC is the site, I'm not associated with him, but just wanted to pass along some good word of mouth since I had troubling finding someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte