U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 06:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,128 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how it is in the 28216 area off sunset?I think it's peachtree hills subdivision .I'm new to the area and went to see a house there .What side of town is this considerd ?I want a little feedback before I move into the area .I was also wondering about the school in the area oakdale elementary .Any infoo you can give would be appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra33 View Post
Can anyone tell me how it is in the 28216 area off sunset?I think it's peachtree hills subdivision .I'm new to the area and went to see a house there .What side of town is this considerd ?I want a little feedback before I move into the area .I was also wondering about the school in the area oakdale elementary .Any infoo you can give would be appreciated .
Man, that's tough...I don't want to completely dissaude you but just be careful to check the area out carefully. I believe foreclosure rates are high and the middle school and high school not ones I would want my kids to go to. This area is northwest Charlotte - it's not all bad there, but there are some problem areas.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
If you were to do some in-depth researsh on this sub-division I think you would have second doubts. In addition to the search onCity-Data you might also find some video data that goes back a year or a more that might be alarming to you.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,642,023 times
Here is an article from 2007. I don't think the neighborhood has seen many improvements since then.

New suburbs in fast decay (http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-121007-al-new_suburbs.17bd3ab.html - broken link)

Quote:
In Peachtree Hills, police are summoned nearly 300 times a year, mostly for property crimes in the 147 homes. But the 4-year-old neighborhood, near Sunset Road, has also seen robberies, shootings and gang displays more commonly associated with violent urban areas -- not new subdivisions.

Fourteen-year-old Devon Smith was shot dead there in July. Graffiti memorializes his name on the sidewalks and benches. Spray paint also proclaims "Bloods 4 Life" and "PT Blood."

"All I wanted was a safe place with some backyard space for my son to run around, but that's not what we got," says Stacy Hall, 36, a medical claims processor and single mom, whose Peachtree home was burglarized last year. They got away with $110 in day care money. And in November, she arrived home to find a police helicopter hovering and officers chasing men through her yard.

"I was like, `Where am I? L.A. or something?' "

Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 PM

236 posts, read 614,124 times
Sounds like Mayberry to me!

Old 01-30-2009, 03:49 AM

7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blabber View Post
Sounds like Mayberry to me!

Did you mean "MAYDAY"?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM

17 posts, read 105,190 times
My company is working with the city of Charlotte to renovate foreclosed homes in Peachtree Hills and sell them (or lease purchase in some cases). We have been building and renovating homes across NC since 1996. You can see a recent article on our work here:

Peachtree Hills targeted for rehab | CharlotteObserver.com

If you want more info, feel free to message me off list.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Here is an article from 2007. I don't think the neighborhood has seen many improvements since then.

New suburbs in fast decay (http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stori...s.17bd3ab.html - broken link)
Hi my boyfriend and I are looking to buy a house in this neighborhood and I was reading fhe post here about it. I know most of these are from 08 and 09, has the neigh orhood gotten better? We come from an area where there is little to no crime at all, so I do expect a little more than we ae e used to.. What advise do you have?

Old 12-01-2013, 09:20 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,647,573 times
Not Peachy

Old 05-28-2015, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,535 times
This neighborhood was good 2010 2014 until bad neighbors (section 8) started to move in, what a shame they bring to this place, drug dealing parents that don't take care of their children, all of this people from other places come up to this new weed houses with kids in it, speeding thru the streets like nobody lives here, association not giving a damn about this place, dog **** everywhere, breaking into cars...I'm looking somewhere else to live , this neighborhood is going down the hill fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte