Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 PM

237 posts, read 853,189 times

Advertisements

anyone know of any townhome complexes (rentals) where they have garages in th charlotte area? there are the clusters in mooresville but they are too far away> any thing in huntersville or closer. thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:46 PM

95 posts, read 384,573 times
I know a few in Huntersville in Rosedale exit 23. One is 1980 sqft with a one car garage and I believe they want $1150. Some in Montieth Park $950, Copper Ridge in Ballentyne for a $1000. They are available but depends on what you want to spend.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 PM

237 posts, read 853,189 times
thanks for your info. Im assuming that these are privately owned, I was looking for a complex. the reason for this is that with foreclosures up it not only affects the homeowner but the renter in the home as well. if a home gets foreclosed on the renter will be forced to move, the proce range of 1000 to 1200 a month is the range we are looking for 3 br 2 bath 1400 sq ft + and at least a 1 car gar. thanks for your help.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 PM

95 posts, read 384,573 times
That is a good point. You could always pre qualify the landlord as they will prequalify you. If they cut your lease early they are in big trouble for not suppling you a rental for the contract.
I know that the apartments in Rosedale (Huntersville) have a few townhome style units and there are some apartments off of Sam Furr that you can get a garage. Townhome style apartments, I can't say I am familiar with any.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 AM

674 posts, read 797,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman529 View Post
thanks for your info. Im assuming that these are privately owned, I was looking for a complex. the reason for this is that with foreclosures up it not only affects the homeowner but the renter in the home as well. if a home gets foreclosed on the renter will be forced to move, the proce range of 1000 to 1200 a month is the range we are looking for 3 br 2 bath 1400 sq ft + and at least a 1 car gar. thanks for your help.
There are some condos in the Mallard Creek Church Rd area right before Prosperity Church that are rental complexes that offer garages. There are a lot of apartment complexes that offer detached garages for rent.

Go to apartmentguide.com, select Charlotte and hit "advanced search." Then in advanced search click the box next to "garage." This will give you a comprehensive list of properties.

If you do rent from a private owner in a neighborhood, please remember that you are surrounded by homeowners and are subject to following the neighborhood's HOA rules. We have several rentals in our neighborhood who we have trouble with, as they don't care for the property since they are just "temporary."

Anyway, hope this helps--

Old 11-09-2007, 07:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,362,744 times
The apartments @ Blakeney. It just broke ground not to long ago so it's a brand new property. The apartments are set to have a home feel instead of apartment like setting.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:15 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,474,831 times
There are townhouses for rent in Strawberry Hill, but they do not have garages. Also, the location might not work for you since they're in South Charlotte, but here's the URL anyway in case you want to have a look:

Welcome to Strawberry Hill Apartments (http://www.strawberryhillapts.com/home.htm - broken link)

And here is the direct link to the floorplans page, where you can find info on the townhouses: Find an Apartment at Strawberry Hill (http://www.strawberryhillapts.com/apar_find.html - broken link)

Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The apartments @ Blakeney. It just broke ground not to long ago so it's a brand new property. The apartments are set to have a home feel instead of apartment like setting.
Those things are GORGEOUS!! I could not believe they are apartments and not condos when I saw them recently. They look more than half finished to me, anybody know when they are set to open?

Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,362,744 times
They already have several residents. I'm not sure of the official opening though but they are renting. It's in it's early phases right now. It's a very nice place and will mimic Birkdale type living with shops all around when it's done.

Edit: Okay well I see where another posted it so here goes....sorry if it is against the rules.

Home
Blakeney Mixed-Use Development (http://www.crosland.com/properties_services/mixed-use_development/blakeney/ - broken link)

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-09-2007 at 08:29 AM..

Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 PM

105 posts, read 404,940 times
I don't seem to find where the price of the apartments are. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
There are townhouses for rent in Strawberry Hill, but they do not have garages. Also, the location might not work for you since they're in South Charlotte, but here's the URL anyway in case you want to have a look:

Welcome to Strawberry Hill Apartments (http://www.strawberryhillapts.com/home.htm - broken link)

And here is the direct link to the floorplans page, where you can find info on the townhouses: Find an Apartment at Strawberry Hill (http://www.strawberryhillapts.com/apar_find.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte