U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Houses for sale in Charlotte in 120-130K price range, moving from Denver and pleased with natural landscape, Charlotte homes, rivers, trees but looking for job

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 PM

104 posts, read 257,482 times

Advertisements

Using Realtor.com, I looked at the selection of houses for sale in my price range, which is 120-130K, in Charlotte. I am stunned by how pretty the natural landscapes are on the lots where the houses sit. The houses themselves are equally appealing. One thing I have noticed is that thehouses are quite a distance from the Charlotte city center. They areapparently way out in the suburbs. Is this why the home prices are soaffordable? For example, one house that I loved was in the 28227 zip code,at the cross roads of E. Harris BLVD and Albemarle Road (NE portion ofinterchange). Is this WAY OUT THERE? I have heeded the advice tonot come without a job. I currently live in Denver and work as a citytruck driver, I deliver freight around the metro area, and along the Front Range. What other cities might I look at which resemble Charlotte?I love the house designs common to Charlotte combined with the wooded lots. We have NOTHING like that in Denver. I don't want to jump the gun,but this seems like just the place I am looking for. However, what other cities are similar which I should look at? Jacksonville, FL? Raleigh?I am 48 years old, a single guy. I don't need nightlife. Just a place withrivers, trees, affordable homes, and of course a job. Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 AM

569 posts, read 1,221,075 times
I noticed no one has responded to your post so I will do my best to answer some of your questions. The area of E Harris & Albemarle is not considered very desirable. It is probably a 15 minute drive to downtown but in rush hour traffic more like 35-40 minutes. In your price range I would look into neighborhoods such as Sardis Woods, Sheffield Park, Oakhurst or Sardis Oaks. All of these neighborhoods are anywhere from 15-20 minute drive to downtown. They are all in the E/SE part of Charlotte. I would also look at Carolinahome.com for your research. Please make sure you have a job before coming here. I would probably even rent for awhile before buying. Good Luck in your search.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:11 AM

35,885 posts, read 66,993,147 times
Other cities/towns you might like if you like Charlotte.

Des Moines, Iowa

Plano, Texas

Lee's Summit, Mo

Overland Park, KS

Palm Coast, FL

Cincinnati, OH

Louisville, KY

Baldwin, MO

Springfield, MO

Branson, MO

Tulsa, OK

Nashville, TN

Knoxville, TN

Gainesville, GA

Spartanburg, SC

Huntington, AL

Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
I noticed no one has responded to your post so I will do my best to answer some of your questions. The area of E Harris & Albemarle is not considered very desirable. It is probably a 15 minute drive to downtown but in rush hour traffic more like 35-40 minutes. In your price range I would look into neighborhoods such as Sardis Woods, Sheffield Park, Oakhurst or Sardis Oaks. All of these neighborhoods are anywhere from 15-20 minute drive to downtown. They are all in the E/SE part of Charlotte. I would also look at Carolinahome.com for your research. Please make sure you have a job before coming here. I would probably even rent for awhile before buying. Good Luck in your search.
Thanks, the area I mentioned is not considered very desirable because of the commute time, or other factors? The area seems wooded and nice.Since I don't know where I will eventually be working, I am trying to learnthe metro area and all its neighborhoods so I can be informed about where to live. Usually there is a section of town where most of the truckingcompanies congregate. Does anyone know what part of town this might be?I am talking about the local freight carriers.. Roadway, Fed Ex, Old Dominion, and many others. Thanks for Carolinahome.com, it's good to have a localMLS source.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Other cities/towns you might like if you like Charlotte.

Des Moines, Iowa

Plano, Texas

Lee's Summit, Mo

Overland Park, KS

Palm Coast, FL

Cincinnati, OH

Louisville, KY

Baldwin, MO

Springfield, MO

Branson, MO

Tulsa, OK

Nashville, TN

Knoxville, TN

Gainesville, GA

Spartanburg, SC

Huntington, AL
That's an awesome list, and it seems quite accurate. I have been to some of those places. I did not know Texas had anything comparable to the woodsyCharlotte, though. I will have to take a good look at Plano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or