Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,119 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Charlotte area from Boston this summer and I am having a heck of a time trying to navigate the "where to live" puzzle. From what I have seen and read online and have heard from friends of friends, I really like the Waxhaw area. We are heading down at the end of January to do some searching in person. Anyways, the Lawson subdivision, among others, look interesting but I can't figure out how to search for homes in the specific subdivisions. When I go to the Lawson website it just directs me to the builders so I only get new construction, not resales. Any suggestions?
Also, recommendations for other subdivisions in Waxhaw would be greatly appreciated. We can spend up to $475k on a house and would like to have a neighborhood with lots of young families. Many Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 08:17 PM

370 posts, read 752,718 times
If you go to allentate.com you can search by subdivision. I did not ever use Allen Tate and do not know anything about them as a a realty company, but it was very handy to search by that criteria.

IMO, for what it is worth, Lawson is so nice. We loved the fact that they left so many trees and the homes were very different looking. It was in our top three, but in the end marked it off the list because of the commute. For 475K you could buy a gorgeous home in that subdivision and they are very family friendly! Best if luck to you in your move!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 PM

236 posts, read 695,309 times
Quellin is really nice and built out so you are protected from developer bankruptcy risk...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:40 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
prudential carolinas also has a search by subdivision option - i can tell you, there are a few resales in lawson - and as you probably know, it's a buyers market

Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouyankee View Post
We are relocating to the Charlotte area from Boston this summer and I am having a heck of a time trying to navigate the "where to live" puzzle. From what I have seen and read online and have heard from friends of friends, I really like the Waxhaw area. We are heading down at the end of January to do some searching in person. Anyways, the Lawson subdivision, among others, look interesting but I can't figure out how to search for homes in the specific subdivisions. When I go to the Lawson website it just directs me to the builders so I only get new construction, not resales. Any suggestions?
Also, recommendations for other subdivisions in Waxhaw would be greatly appreciated. We can spend up to $475k on a house and would like to have a neighborhood with lots of young families. Many Thanks.
go to carolinahome.com...pull up these subdivisions and take a look

May I recommend The Chimneys of Marvin-Great Community, tons of kids, excellent schools..New Constuction and they lowered prices big time go to Pulte Homes | New Home Builders, New Home Construction, Buying A New Home either the Reserve Section they are now 40k less or the Estates Section: they too have come down alot on to be builts...I just picked up a new price sheet recently...

Marvin and Waxhaw share the same zip code but most mailing addresses will be Waxhaw 28173

also check out Barrington/Waxhaw/Marvin Shea Homes

Also Marvin Creek-ammentites gorgeous, homes are beautiful and u can get a great deal in their too right now...

then there is: Lawson- these schools are Kensington Elem, until 06/09 its Marvin Ridge Middle and HS, then they will go to the new school: Cuthburtson Middle and High School
Quellin
Cureton
Anklin Forrest

also u will find them on carolinahome.com

we moved down here from NJ back in June of 07...I did our homework for almost 15 months before making the move...We love it here...

also go to Greatschools.net
if u need schools

Sandy Ridge Elem
Rea View elem
Kensington Elem
Marvin Elem

Marvin Ridge Middle School-the Chimney's, Barrington, Hunter Oaks, Somerset, Marvin Creek, Id check out these developments..
Marvin Ridge High School

if u need an awesome realtor pls feel free to ask..i can recommend one..who lives in the area...

Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,801 times
You've got some great choices - One of my personal favorites is Quellin. I am a realtor and everytime I have been through the neighborhood, I've seen many children out and about. There is a club house and a neighborhood pool. The homes are about 4-5 years old and there were several builders in the neighborhood, so it doesn't look "cookie cutter". Also, the lots are good size. The two big drawbacks: 1. there is a water treatment plant nearby and on occasion you can smell a faint odor, 2. there is a shooting range that sometimes produces some noise, depdending on the wind/weather. The good news is that Waxhaw is a very pro-active area and have made sure that both issues area addressed. I have heard about some builders pulling out of a couple new neighborhoods in the area and I would advise against buying where there is that sort of uncertainty. Let me know if I can be of other help.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:57 AM

87 posts, read 285,621 times
If you need a real estate agent, pm me. I used to work for a company that has some great agents and would be happy to set up a referral for you.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Waxhaw is a great area as far as I am concerned. I just bought a house in Cureton and it is a great development. But for $475k you can really score yourself a great deal. Take a look at builder inventory (it is getting very thin) but there are great deals around. I bought a spec home 11% below the asking price with great upgrades. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouyankee View Post
You will easily get into Lawson for what you can spend. I have sold two homes there in the past six months -- one to a family and one to a couple just starting out. I think you will like the community -- great amenities and very nice landscaping for a new development, as many trees were left rather than clear-cutting the land. A realtor can set up a search for you on virtually any criteria you choose, including subdivision. You would get an initial list of homes that meet your criteria, and it would be updated daily as statuses change on those homes.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Default Waxhaw Area Subdivisions

I ran across this link a while back when my son was home shopping in Waxhaw. I don't know a thing about this agency, but this grid of subdivisions in the Waxhaw area is pretty complete:

Waxhaw NC Real Estate - Waxhaw NC Homes for Sale - Waxhaw Watefront Homes for Sale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: