Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,057,785 times

Advertisements

Honestly, you've only been looking for a month. Take your time. Charlotte is huge and has a lot to offer. I don't think that these 2 communities are the best we have to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 02:26 PM

27 posts, read 78,697 times
I've lived in Touchstone for 10 years; depends what you're looking for.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:38 PM

983 posts, read 2,540,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky2008 View Post
I've lived in Touchstone for 10 years; depends what you're looking for.
And what do you think of it? I would like to hear, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Honestly, you've only been looking for a month. Take your time. Charlotte is huge and has a lot to offer. I don't think that these 2 communities are the best we have to offer.
Been looking online for couple months and walking around and seeing homes the past months. Give me some suggestions of places you think I should look at..

Old 01-30-2009, 04:19 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
If it is the home in Stone Creek that I am thinking of, it is a builder inventory in the Saddlebrook section. Know that this section has higher monthly HOA dues as yard maintenance is included. This section also has different covenants and restrictions than some of the other villages in Stone Creek ranch.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.Charlotte&union View Post
If it is the home in Stone Creek that I am thinking of, it is a builder inventory in the Saddlebrook section. Know that this section has higher monthly HOA dues as yard maintenance is included. This section also has different covenants and restrictions than some of the other villages in Stone Creek ranch.
Yes it is, .. I figured they won't do the yard for free. I like South Charlotte and feel comfortable around it, so any suggestions on nice neighborhoods around here in the $250 - $350 range, would be appreciated.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:46 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,679,457 times
Off the top of my head, Raintree and Beverly Crest might be good fits. Olde Providence, too, although I'm not positive on the prices in there. Best of luck!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:44 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,166,732 times
In areas 5/5 through 5/8 and 6/5, which are near the subdivisions you mentioned earlier, consider White Oak, Thornhill, Raintree, Pullengreen, Southampton, Blakeney Heath, Weston Glen, Lansford, Reavencrest and Providence Pointe.

I'm not sure if you want to head into Union County, but Somerset and Hunter Oaks are very close to Stone Creek Ranch and have homes at that price point.

Your realtor should be able to send you listings that meet the criteria that are important to you so you can screen the homes online before you decide which ones to visit.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:26 PM

797 posts, read 3,294,619 times
Southampton is a large neighborhood in that price range. About 9 years old. Established trees. Not all brick though. It's right past Blakeney Shopping center. Most are in the high 200's. Hunters gate is also nice. It's right before Stone Creek Ranch.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 AM

203 posts, read 496,082 times
We are moving back down to S. Charlotte after the school year. Left there 2 years ago from a brand new house.

Never again. There are growing pains in a new development and often more "unknowns."

To me, there's something nice about the older established subdivisions. (And I believe Touchstone is in the Endhaven School district...for now? Highly rated.)

We've driven through Touchstone a couple of times over the last few months.

A very nice looking "normal" neighborhood IMO.

I also feel there's a more diverse range of people (i.e. age) you find in older neighborhoods. I always end up becoming friendly with the old folks who teach me things about life :-)

Someone mentioned taking your time...

It is very important. We've always kind of rushed into things on our end (like leaving Charlotte) and learned to do our homework a little more. Although you can only do some analysis.

Plenty of people might argue with me here...but renting a house in the area you're interested in isn't the worst idea in the world. It might not be ideal or a great way to settle down for the long haul, but it would give you a chance to figure it out.

Good luck. Maybe we'll see you in Touchstone :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte