Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,231 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, I got my first NC ticket (Meck county) for slowly rolling through a stop sign before turning onto the street at an intersection. I don't even remember not coming to a full and complete stop as the officer said. Probably would have only been given a worning in better economy. There was no intent, if I indeed rolled through. I have a good driving record.

In addition, I am now troubled by my cititation reading on the "speed" line showing what appears to be >25 (mph). No Way to that! I had just left a nearby business.

Anyway, I don't want my first point (or any point) for this. What are my best options?

I am semi-retired with spare time. Officer mentioned traffic school but I am having trouble finding the correct proceedure....to mitigate this (do I have to go to court first to set it up before going to DMV).
The fine is high but a triffle compare to the rise in insuance cost over the next few years at my age.

Thanks,
a newbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 05:05 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
A Prayer for Justice would probably be what you need.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:42 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
If the officer mentioned you are eligible for driving school I would recommend it. I got a ticket about 3 years ago (first one in 30+ years) and I took the driving class. I think it was about 3-4 hours and the class was located in a building off of Tyvola Road near where the old Coliseum used to be. The class/fine was about $150 (I think) but I avoided getting any points on my license. I believe that as long as I (or anyone in my household) don't get another ticket for a total of 3 years the ticket will go away - If anyone in my household gets a ticket in the 3 year period I believe the ticket will be reinstated.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,857 times
We just a ticket on I77 we live out of state think it would be better to get an atty to handle the ticket so we don't have to come back to appear . Can any one recommend a good traffic atty.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
This morning, I made a right turn, did not stop at the red light and got a ticket What is the best action i have to do ? Thanks

Old 02-11-2014, 04:54 PM

469 posts, read 890,880 times
One thing that I might add - take a copy of your driving record (if you have a good one) to show them. My husband had a ticket in Cabarrus County and that was something they wanted for them to decrease his ticket to improper equipment. He didn't have it so they did give him a continuance. He can't remember what he had to do to get it, but google might tell you that.

Oops and just saw again that I was responding to a very old thread. But to the person who revived it, just read what the people above said and do those things.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,180 times
So I just got a citation for 83 in a 65 (18 over) on 485, north end by UNCC. I have a clean driving record and was only given the citation. trying to decide if asking for Improper equipment is a viable option or if I should get a lawyer involved since jail time and loss of license plus all the other costs want to be avoided at all costs. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,169 times
Hey I got a speeding ticket in charlotte nc. I went to the courthouse a week before my actual court date and he reduced my ticket to 9 over. I didn't show up on my actual court date. But they have me a date to pay the ticket which was 20 days. Will I be arrested for not showing on my actual court date?

Old 02-11-2015, 08:29 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericka93 View Post
Hey I got a speeding ticket in charlotte nc. I went to the courthouse a week before my actual court date and he reduced my ticket to 9 over. I didn't show up on my actual court date. But they have me a date to pay the ticket which was 20 days. Will I be arrested for not showing on my actual court date?
Did you pay the ticket? If you paid it, then that means you pled responsible/guilty and have disposed of the case. You should also get a receipt showing proof of payment.

But from what I am reading, it sounds like you went to court, spoke with someone (assistant D.A.?) and they agreed to reduce your ticket to 9 MPH over the speed limit. The question is, what did you do after it was reduced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte