U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:06 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,147,825 times

Advertisements

Have an idea for a fund-raiser, but don't know if it is a good idea or not and need your feedback.

Would you buy a fresh Christmas wreath at Christmas?

Would you buy fresh garland?

How much do you think is a reasonable price for a guaranteed fresh Christmas wreath? 18" across, 24" across

If you had a chance to get that fresh wreath or garland, would you consider pre-ordering it and making a down-payment on it upfront w/ the balance due at pick up?

Would you care that a portion of the proceeds was going to a charitable cause, i.e homeless shelter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 06:14 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,229,486 times
I buy a fresh wreath every year. I'd pay around $20 for a wreath 24" across. I'd love it if some of the proceeds went to a charitable group I supported. I'm not sure about the whole advance payment thing, as normally I'd like to buy it and hang it up immediately. It does work for the Girl Scouts, though, so it might fly.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
I buy a fresh wreath every year. I'd pay around $20 for a wreath 24" across. I'd love it if some of the proceeds went to a charitable group I supported. I'm not sure about the whole advance payment thing, as normally I'd like to buy it and hang it up immediately. It does work for the Girl Scouts, though, so it might fly.
Thanx, Cheesehead!!! That helps a lot. I was hoping you would pay more, tho, HEE HEE HEE.

Gosh, I wish I had checked the prices of wreaths around here this past Christmas. Dern. I missed an opportunity to do my research. Not smart.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:32 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,229,486 times
I love fresh wreaths! I even started a thread about finding local places to get one in the fall. It turns out my friend's family sold them this year, so I was able to get one and support local people. Much better on my conscience than getting one at a big box store! Good luck with your fundraiser, and of course keep us posted!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,586,358 times
It only been a month why memory on this doesnt work so well....

I think Lowes had 10 inch at 10 bucks 13 inch 14 bucks and 17 inches at 19

prior years it cost more for a wreath than a tree.

I think if you set yours apart with berries, pine cones or gold painted berries plaid christmas color bow would work well

Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,170,406 times
I'd gladly order a 24" fresh wreath at Christmastime, knowing that some of the $$$ would go to charity!
Way to plan ahead, Ani!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM

18 posts, read 50,498 times
Fundraiser are always a good idea, people want to help just give them a cause. Plenty of people are overly excited about Christmas, I think its a good idea. Personally I dont care about wreaths but I would buy one just to help someone.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 PM

As usual, you guys are great!!! I so appreciate all the info and feedback!!

I do remember that thread, Cheesehead, now that you mention it! So glad you were able to find that wreath you were searching for!

Well, I was thinking that this would be a commodity that people would enjoy buying, especially knowing money would be donated to a worthy charity.

Great suggestions, Sunny! Amazing what some floral wire and a hot gun can do to decorate a wreath w/ natural elements. I have purchased 36" wreaths from around Boone and attached magnolia leaves (sprayed the leaves gold) and red berries and the results were really stunning!

Thank you all for the ideas and info. I know it is a long way off, but one must plan ahead, secure a supplier, get documents lined up for donations, figure out how to market, etc.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,309,305 times
Ani, my sons marching band sold wreaths for their fundraiser in NJ every year. People could not get enough of them. When my son graduated all of his regular "clients" asked him to please send another student their way for the following year. We sold them for $12 each, I don't remember the size but they were just normal size wreaths. The way we were able to sell for only $12 and make a good profit was we made our own bows. Every year the parents of the band kids would get together for pizza and beer/wine and make 800 bows in one night. It was quite a production. It was a blast. Good luck!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,309,305 times
BTW we had one kid sell to a local hotel. They purchased 20 from her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or