Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Restaurants give free finger samplings, germs passed, restaurant sanitation, sanitation scores, health department scores and ratings, hot plate glove, high end expensive eateries

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times

Advertisements

I won't mention any names, but the thing that annoys me beyond belief is if a waiter or waitress delivers my food without being on a tray. When they carry the plate with their bare hands, the finger tends to get too close to my food if not in it. That drives me nuts as much as when my coffee cup is refilled and the waiter/waitress picks un the cup close to where I put my mouth. I also get annoyed if I ask for seperate checks and the bills are seperate but on the same check..
Moderator cut: tos violation I have had to shop around there for a waitress that does not do the annoying things. You might think that I am nuts and maybe I am, but at least I have worn off on my family and friends. Now, we're all nuts.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-03-2009 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: consumer complaint

Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I am very concerned about sanitation when I eat out. What worries me is what is going on in the kitchen. Then to have servers who are lax about how they handle utensils - it grosses me out. That is why I prefer to eat at home. I know how sanitary my own habits are, LOL.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
It all depends on what restaurant you go to. Check out their sanitation score. They are usually spot on. I know because I work in a restaurant.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I am probably under concerned with germs. I figure that we breath in so many and eat so many bugs without knowing it that a finger sampling or two isn't going to kill me. Even if they carry it on a tray they have to pick it up with their bare hands.

I always check scores at Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department though.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I am probably under concerned with germs. I figure that we breath in so many and eat so many bugs without knowing it that a finger sampling or two isn't going to kill me. Even if they carry it on a tray they have to pick it up with their bare hands.

I always check scores at Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department though.
+1

In the whole scheme of things, years ago when people were more connected to the land and handled dirt there were much less allergies and stuff that we have today. It seems, other than cancer, we have beaten the big diseases (TB, polio, measles, chicken pox, etc) but are plagued with many more smaller annoying illnesses today (peanut allergies for example). Possibly we have broken down parts of our immune system being such neat freaks using hand-sanitizers. I'm talking to myself here as well, I loath public restrooms, LOL.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 PM

417 posts, read 813,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
I won't mention any names, but the thing that annoys me beyond belief is if a waiter or waitress delivers my food without being on a tray. When they carry the plate with their bare hands, the finger tends to get too close to my food if not in it. That drives me nuts as much as when my coffee cup is refilled and the waiter/waitress picks un the cup close to where I put my mouth. I also get annoyed if I ask for seperate checks and the bills are seperate but on the same check. All of these things seem to happen at the Cook House which I dearly love. I have had to shop around there for a waitress that does not do the annoying things. You might think that I am nuts and maybe I am, but at least I have worn off on my family and friends. Now, we're all nuts.
I've seen it happen more than once....the waitress carrying the large tray with one hand at ear level and her pony tail touching the food at every head turn

Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post

You are probably right about breathing on food. Many restaurants take plates off of trays with a hot plate glove. That makes me feel better. I usually see that in European restaurants or really expensive places.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
me too but i have found the solution. i fired them. i eat at home. i lost 20 lbs.
they put fat and sugar in everything ot make it taste good.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1

In the whole scheme of things, years ago when people were more connected to the land and handled dirt there were much less allergies and stuff that we have today. It seems, other than cancer, we have beaten the big diseases (TB, polio, measles, chicken pox, etc) but are plagued with many more smaller annoying illnesses today (peanut allergies for example). Possibly we have broken down parts of our immune system being such neat freaks using hand-sanitizers. I'm talking to myself here as well, I loath public restrooms, LOL.
You are right mull. I am nuts in this arena. I have seen the kitchens in many Asian restaurants. Many are pretty scary with their different standards, etc. I guess as long as one doesn't see what goes on, they're O.K.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:38 PM

129 posts, read 338,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1

I think you raise a good point, and so did the late great George Carlin. Ill spare the expletives, but perhaps your immune system is a bit like a muscle. You have to keep using it to make it and keep it strong.

On the other hand, I worked in a restaurant. If you want clean food, I would not nit pick the waitress for putting her hand to close to the top of your cup. Just a kind hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: