U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:18 AM

246 posts, read 457,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclmn View Post
to build a house? We're building our first home in Woodbury and we were told we should be ready to close by the end of June. I signed at the end of January. Is that the normal time frame or does it normally go longer? We are not building one of the larger 3000+ sf homes, but a moderate 2300 sf. I read somewhere that it was taking Centex in other states almost a year to build. This is our first home so we're rather excited.
When we were looking for a home, most builders said 4 - 6 months, but that was dependant on the home and how busy they were. We moved in Dec 2007 and we were the last home our builder built that year in this neighborhood - and they finished our house about 5 weeks ahead of schedule. But that was also the beginning of the slump and things were starting to slow down A LOT around Charlotte. They basically had nothing to do BUT build our home.

Brand new house at this time of year with things they way they are now, I would say six months. But the builder could tell you better what they can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 11:38 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,751,025 times
I too am on the verge of buying a new construction and we are full of excitement. It will be the home we raise our daughter in for many years to come. It is the culmination of a lot of sacrifice and hard work. Also we are, with our new construction purchase, employing many people that an existing home purchase does not do. So I am sure if you think hard enough you can argue pen is mightier than paper is mightier than the pen all day long. I congratulate the OP and completely understand your excitement. Doing your part in all this is making sure you can afford your home and it sounds like you have choosen something to meet your needs and not the biggest house out there. ENJOY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte