U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:42 AM

286 posts, read 862,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
Wow xray! Congrats! Two weeks in the Utica area market? For those of you not familiar with that area, that is quite an accomplishment - especially with all that snow on the ground.

Have you settled on an apartment or neighborhood yet?
Hi Bk- i am currently looking for employment,as soon as i find it, i will find an apt. I have written down where you are living in huntersville.You had mentioned they have sound proof walls- i need my sleep-.
My only fear is there may not be availability when i need it. As soon as i receive an oppurtunity for employment, i will be there in 3 weeks.
I also was surprised my house sold so quickly,everyone said "your house shows nice" i believe that is some realtor jargon .
Hows your new house coming along?
I am waiting for the new phase in Monteith to open.
Take care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Thanks to all of you

I dont know anyone in Charlotte,i havent even met my realtor yet.
You all are my only connection to charlotte, you hae all been so helpful over the past few months and very gracious-i do appreciate it. I will be moving soon, i am coming by myself to start a new life,i am excited and frightened at the same time
Thanx again for all your support

Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 AM

474 posts, read 1,594,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray42 View Post
Hi Bk- i am currently looking for employment,as soon as i find it, i will find an apt. I have written down where you are living in huntersville.You had mentioned they have sound proof walls- i need my sleep-.
My only fear is there may not be availability when i need it. As soon as i receive an oppurtunity for employment, i will be there in 3 weeks.
I also was surprised my house sold so quickly,everyone said "your house shows nice" i believe that is some realtor jargon .
Hows your new house coming along?
I am waiting for the new phase in Monteith to open.
Take care
Let me revise my answer on the sound proof walls of Camden Sedgebrook. We never hear anything from the people next to us, but unfortunately in the past week we had two guys move in above us, and it's been anything but quiet. You can pretty much hear their every step. They seem like nice enough guys and the leasing office has been excellent about intervening, but some people are just very heavy walkers.

Keep in mind, I haven't lived in an apartment in over 10 years, so the sounds may be normal, but to me, it's pretty bad. I'd still take a look at Camden Sedgebrook, but be conscious of who's above you. Luckily, our new house will be done in 45 days, so we're counting them down....

Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 AM

362 posts, read 898,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray42 View Post
I dont know anyone in Charlotte,i havent even met my realtor yet.
You all are my only connection to charlotte, you hae all been so helpful over the past few months and very gracious-i do appreciate it. I will be moving soon, i am coming by myself to start a new life,i am excited and frightened at the same time
Thanx again for all your support
Congratulations and much luck as you embark on you new adventure. I'm sure you will not miss those Utica winters. My husband was born there and still has alot of family there and I know they can be very cold and very snowy.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 AM

132 posts, read 427,673 times
Whoo Whoo!! Way to go! How exciting!!

Get those job apps going and get on down here!

Anita

Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 AM

7,929 posts, read 17,758,855 times
Hey Xray..congrats..WE had an offer on Monday but I will be it this way IT WAS INSULTING and we didnt even counter...so maybe my next buyers will show up soon...So when are YA closing???

Old 03-15-2007, 10:27 AM

48 posts, read 137,296 times
grats, x

Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Hey Xray..congrats..WE had an offer on Monday but I will be it this way IT WAS INSULTING and we didnt even counter...so maybe my next buyers will show up soon...So when are YA closing???
i Hope to close in 2 months,that is the norm here in ny- dont worry staci-your house will sell-hang in there.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearsmom View Post
Whoo Whoo!! Way to go! How exciting!!

Get those job apps going and get on down here!

Anita
I have a phone interview in the am with Carolina Healthcare

Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraNJ View Post
Congratulations and much luck as you embark on you new adventure. I'm sure you will not miss those Utica winters. My husband was born there and still has alot of family there and I know they can be very cold and very snowy.
Thanks Barbara-for some reason this winter was a tough one, i think a sign from god to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte